Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » alignas keyword in the CDT editor(Using Juno with CDT 8.1.1, but Cx11 "alignas" keyword is not supported)
alignas keyword in the CDT editor [message #953914] Mon, 22 October 2012 16:32 Go to next message
Rennie Allen is currently offline Rennie AllenFriend
Hi, I am running Juno with CDT 8.1.1.

I am using clang as the compiler on OSX, and have code that requires the alignas keyword. Unfortunately, I can't edit this code with the CDT editor because this unrecognized Cx11 keyword messes up folding.

Is there any update to support the alignas keyword, or does anyone know if it is possible to tell the editor to ignore "alignas(xxx)" somehow?

Thanks,

Rennie
Re: alignas keyword in the CDT editor [message #957123 is a reply to message #953914] Thu, 25 October 2012 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rennie Allen is currently offline Rennie AllenFriend
No ideas? or comments.

It seems like the editor not handling a keyword from the internationally standardized version of the C++ language, just might be a significant problem for a C++ editor Wink I would be comforted by an acknowledgement something like "Yeah, we know about this, it is on the backlog".

Right now, I have resorted to editing files containing the alignas keyword with the standard text editor (I am reduced to 1980's editing - I know, what a crybaby Smile
Re: alignas keyword in the CDT editor [message #1388496 is a reply to message #957123] Thu, 26 June 2014 14:23 Go to previous message
Fabio Fumagalli is currently offline Fabio FumagalliFriend
Hi to all, I know that this topic is quite old, but I wanted to signal that I am still encountering this problem in June 2014.
I am using Eclipse Luna with CDT 8.4.0, the compiler is Cygwin GCC 4.8.3 (on Windows 7).

Is this caused by an Eclipse setting I didn't get right, or is it an IDE bug which has to be fixed?

By the way, all other C++11 features I use don't create any problems.

Thank you,
Fabio
Previous Topic:Can't complete Project Template Engine example of CDT
Next Topic:Proper architecture to extend CDT debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:23:30 GMT 2024