Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » hibernate.cfg issues(Need to understand exact meaning of log message)
hibernate.cfg issues [message #953846] Mon, 22 October 2012 15:27 Go to next message
Erik Vande Velde is currently offline Erik Vande VeldeFriend
I'm trying to use hibernate with jpa 2.0 in my project. To have a clean start I decided to use the latest library from the springsource repository, so I'm sure the bundles in that library are supposed to work together well.

Problem 1: when I deploy both com.springsource.org.hibernate-3.3.2.GA and com.springsource.org.hibernate.annotations-3.4.0.GA-A in repository/usr the spring bundle org.springframework.orm_3.0.5.RELEASE leads to a problem, because it uses org.hibernate.cfg. Both hibernate bundles mentioned above provide that package, and somehow spring orm doesn't like it: message is
Uses violation: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.cfg; version="0.0.0"> in bundle <com.fugro.gwf.model_1.0.0>
Resolver reported uses conflict for import constrained to bundle <com.springsource.org.hibernate> constrained bundle
version range 3.3.2.GA,3.3.2.GA.
So i took out hibernate.annotations from the repository/usr to bypass that problem (then I only have one bundle exporting the package)

Problem 2: After taking out the hibernate.annotations bundle I get this message:
An Import-Package could not be resolved. Resolver error data <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.event; version="[3.4.0.GA,3.4.0.GA]">. Caused by missing constraint in bundle <com.fugro.gwf.service_1.0.0> constraint: <Import-Package: org.hibernate.ejb.event; version="[3.4.0.GA,3.4.0.GA]"> constrained to bundle <com.springsource.org.hibernate> constrained bundle version range "[3.3.1.GA,3.4.0)"
I read this as: org.hibernate version 3.3.2.GA, which is indeed in the range [3.3.1.GA,3.4.0) somehow needs the package org.hibernate.ejb.event, while I provide com.springsource.org.hibernate.ejb-3.4.0.GA in repository/usr. And somehow that leads to a conflict. Can someone explain what Virgo is trying to tell me here, and even better: what the solution might be ?
Re: hibernate.cfg issues [message #955851 is a reply to message #953846] Wed, 24 October 2012 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kosarev is currently offline Alexander KosarevFriend
Can you show your MANIFEST.MF?

p.s.: Why you don't use the last versions of bundles?
Re: hibernate.cfg issues [message #956516 is a reply to message #953846] Wed, 24 October 2012 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I attached 3 files now:
- manifest.mf is the manifest of the main bundle (the one that fails)
- log.log gives all details at startup
- repository_usr_contents.txt lists all the bundles I currently have in my usr repository

The main bundle, the one I provided the manifest for, is called com.fugro.gwf.service. It depends on com.fugro.gwf.xml, which depends on com.fugro.gwf.model, which depends on com.fugro.gwf.infrastructure.mysql (only defining a mysql data source). The last three bundles deploy normally, but the service never comes up.

I didn't dare to take the most recent versions of all bundles, because I fear the cryptic virgo log messages, and assume that at least bundles gathered in the same library will live happily together ...
Re: hibernate.cfg issues [message #1110540 is a reply to message #956516] Tue, 17 September 2013 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Murthy Bhat is currently offline Murthy BhatFriend
Hello Erik,

Were you able to resolve the mentioned issue ? I am facing a similar error while deploying hibernate in my Virgo.

Thanks,
Murthy
Re: hibernate.cfg issues [message #1110655 is a reply to message #1110540] Tue, 17 September 2013 06:38 Go to previous message
Hi Murthy,

To be honest, I don't remember. I stopped working with Virgo at the end of 2012...
Previous Topic:Creating logback logger, programatically.
Next Topic:Bean Validation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:32:57 GMT 2024