Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » "SWT/Jface Java Project" upgrade to new eclipse version
"SWT/Jface Java Project" upgrade to new eclipse version [message #953752] Mon, 22 October 2012 14:02 Go to next message
Mauro Condarelli is currently offline Mauro CondarelliFriend
I am using the new (?) facility built in WindowBuilder to create moderately simple Jface applications (no plugin/RCP stuff!)

Problem is whenever I upgrade my eclipse installation I need t manually rewire all libraries to the new installation (they point to *very* specific locations").

Worse yet I have several projects I develop under win/linux and this is a bigger PITA.

Is there some [semi]automated way to "upgrade" the project?
Should I revert to the old way(check-out SWT & Jface and build from source)?

TiA
Mauro
Re: "SWT/Jface Java Project" upgrade to new eclipse version [message #955180 is a reply to message #953752] Tue, 23 October 2012 15:32 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
The SWT/JFace Project wizard is primarily provided as a very simple way to get started with SWT. If you are doing something more sophisticated, I would recommend creating an Eclipse RCP project. It will handle most of the classpath issues for you.

If you do want to update your existing project, you could try what I do which is to create a brand new SWT project and then copy the classpath entries from the new project's .classpath file to the .classpath file of the original project. Takes about 30 seconds or so.
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder Release for Juno
Next Topic:JavaFX Panel makes WindowBuilder Crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:28:02 GMT 2024