Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » monitor page not showing
monitor page not showing [message #133085] Wed, 23 July 2008 09:25 Go to next message
Kristof Szabados is currently offline Kristof SzabadosFriend
Hi,

I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 + TPTP
4.5.0 (on Vista).

When I bring up the Launch Configuration Dialog it tells me, that I have
to select a monitor.
But when I switch to the monitor page.. It does not appear.
Eclipse as whole freezes, and never comes back.

When I try to test the agent controller and go Window / Preferences /
Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test Connection" button. The
same happens, eclipse freezes and never comes back.

From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start it again
(but with no intention of profiling).

There is no information in the log, to make things worse.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on ?

Thanks
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133256 is a reply to message #133085] Fri, 25 July 2008 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eugene Chan is currently offline Eugene ChanFriend
Hi Kristof,

There may be something wrong with the Agent Controller(AC) setup. Please try
the following to quickly test the AC setup.
Before you do anything, shut down Eclipse, and make sure there is dangling
process of java.exe nor ACServer.exe
If you are using an TPTP all-in-one driver, Under
Eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\bin,
run the following command:
SetConfig.bat
keep all default value (simply press entry to pass an input prompt)
now. try with following command:
ACServer.exe
and this should manually startup an AC with no error message prompt.
If everything run okay so far, now try launch Eclipse and open and monitor
tab again.

In Vista, make sure you have read/write access to the folder and subfolder
of
eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller

Hope this helps
Eugene

"Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:g66te1$7j8$1@build.eclipse.org...
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 + TPTP 4.5.0
> (on Vista).
>
> When I bring up the Launch Configuration Dialog it tells me, that I have
> to select a monitor.
> But when I switch to the monitor page.. It does not appear.
> Eclipse as whole freezes, and never comes back.
>
> When I try to test the agent controller and go Window / Preferences /
> Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test Connection" button. The same
> happens, eclipse freezes and never comes back.
>
> From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start it again (but
> with no intention of profiling).
>
> There is no information in the log, to make things worse.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of what is going on ?
>
> Thanks
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133342 is a reply to message #133256] Fri, 25 July 2008 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Eugene.

Sorry, but it did not work.

The ACServer did start up, but even though it was running it seems I was
not able to connect to it.

And actually the worst part is not that I'm not able to connect to it,
but that seemingly there is no timeout, giving me no other option than
to kill eclipse.
Which in return makes the next eclipse start take a few minutes /* I
guess it believes that the workbench was damaged, and tries to
validate/repair it */

Best Regards

Eugene Chan wrote:
> Hi Kristof,
>
> There may be something wrong with the Agent Controller(AC) setup. Please try
> the following to quickly test the AC setup.
> Before you do anything, shut down Eclipse, and make sure there is dangling
> process of java.exe nor ACServer.exe
> If you are using an TPTP all-in-one driver, Under
> Eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\bin,
> run the following command:
> SetConfig.bat
> keep all default value (simply press entry to pass an input prompt)
> now. try with following command:
> ACServer.exe
> and this should manually startup an AC with no error message prompt.
> If everything run okay so far, now try launch Eclipse and open and monitor
> tab again.
>
> In Vista, make sure you have read/write access to the folder and subfolder
> of
> eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller
>
>
> Hope this helps
> Eugene
>
> "Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:g66te1$7j8$1@build.eclipse.org...
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 + TPTP 4.5.0
>> (on Vista).
>>
>> When I bring up the Launch Configuration Dialog it tells me, that I have
>> to select a monitor.
>> But when I switch to the monitor page.. It does not appear.
>> Eclipse as whole freezes, and never comes back.
>>
>> When I try to test the agent controller and go Window / Preferences /
>> Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test Connection" button. The same
>> happens, eclipse freezes and never comes back.
>>
>> From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start it again (but
>> with no intention of profiling).
>>
>> There is no information in the log, to make things worse.
>>
>> Does anyone have an idea of what is going on ?
>>
>> Thanks
>
>
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133367 is a reply to message #133342] Fri, 25 July 2008 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you please check and see if
Eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\config\servic econfig.xmlexists and not empty. It is usually about 88-90 lines in the the file, app.6KB in size.I am not sure if anything is corrupted during unzip of the driver, but couldyou try download a new driver and try with a fresh workspace.Which TPTP build are you using?Eugene"Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:g6cth9$3c0$1@build.eclipse.org...> Hi Eugene.>> Sorry, but it did not work.>> The ACServer did start up, but even though it was running it seems I wasnot able to connect to it.>> And actually the worst part is not that I'm not able to connect to it, butthat seemingly there is no timeout, giving me no other option than to killeclipse.> Which in return makes the next eclipse start take a few minutes /* I guessit believes that the workbench was damaged, and tries to validate/repair it*/>> Best Regards>>> Eugene Chan wrote:>> Hi Kristof,>>>> There may be something wrong with the Agent Controller(AC) setup. Pleasetry the following to quickly test the AC setup.>> Before you do anything, shut down Eclipse, and make sure there isdangling process of java.exe nor ACServer.exe>> If you are using an TPTP all-in-one driver, UnderEclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platfo rm.ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\bin, run the following command:>> SetConfig.bat>> keep all default value (simply press entry to pass an input prompt)>> now. try with following command:>> ACServer.exe>> and this should manually startup an AC with no error message prompt.>> If everything run okay so far, now try launch Eclipse and open andmonitor tab again.>>>> In Vista, make sure you have read/write access to the folder andsubfolder ofeclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform. ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller >>>>>> Hope this helps>> Eugene>>>> "Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:g66te1$7j8$1@build.eclipse.org...>>> Hi,>>>>>> I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 + TPTP4.5.0 (on Vista).>>>>>> When I bring up the Launch Configuration Dialog it tells me, that I haveto select a monitor.>>> But when I switch to the monitor page.. It does not appear.>>> Eclipse as whole freezes, and never comes back.>>>>>> When I try to test the agent controller and go Window / Preferences /Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test Connection" button. The samehappens, eclipse freezes and never comes back.>>>>>> From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start it again(but with no intention of profiling).>>>>>> There is no information in the log, to make things worse.>>>>>> Does anyone have an idea of what is going on ?>>>>>> Thanks>>
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133380 is a reply to message #133342] Fri, 25 July 2008 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am resending this reply as I see problem in my last note.

Could you please check and see if
Eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\config\servic econfig.xmlexists and not empty.It is usually about 88-90 lines in the the file, app.6KB in size.I am not sure if anything is corrupted during unzip of the driver, butcouldyou try download a new driver and try with a fresh workspace.Which TPTP build are you using?Eugene"Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:g6cth9$3c0$1@build.eclipse.org...> Hi Eugene.>> Sorry, but it did not work.>> The ACServer did start up, but even though it was running it seems I wasnot able to connect to it.>> And actually the worst part is not that I'm not able to connect to it, butthat seemingly there is no timeout, giving me no other option than to killeclipse.> Which in return makes the next eclipse start take a few minutes /* I guessit believes that the workbench was damaged, and tries to validate/repair it*/>> Best Regards>>> Eugene Chan wrote:>> Hi Kristof,>>>> There may be something wrong with the Agent Controller(AC) setup. Pleasetry the following to quickly test the AC setup.>> Before you do anything, shut down Eclipse, and make sure there isdangling process of java.exe nor ACServer.exe>> If you are using an TPTP all-in-one driver, UnderEclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platfo rm.ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\bin, run the following command:>> SetConfig.bat>> keep all default value (simply press entry to pass an input prompt)>> now. try with following command:>> ACServer.exe>> and this should manually startup an AC with no error message prompt.>> If everything run okay so far, now try launch Eclipse and open andmonitor tab again.>>>> In Vista, make sure you have read/write access to the folder andsubfolder ofeclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform. ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller >>>>>> Hope this helps>> Eugene>>>> "Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:g66te1$7j8$1@build.eclipse.org...>>> Hi,>>>>>> I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 + TPTP4.5.0 (on Vista).>>>>>> When I bring up the Launch Configuration Dialog it tells me, that I haveto select a monitor.>>> But when I switch to the monitor page.. It does not appear.>>> Eclipse as whole freezes, and never comes back.>>>>>> When I try to test the agent controller and go Window / Preferences /Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test Connection" button. The samehappens, eclipse freezes and never comes back.>>>>>> From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start it again(but with no intention of profiling).>>>>>> There is no information in the log, to make things worse.>>>>>> Does anyone have an idea of what is going on ?>>>>>> Thanks>>
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133394 is a reply to message #133256] Sat, 26 July 2008 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: antony.stubbs.gmail.com

FYI Eugene, this is the same problem I seem to be having:
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=6448&gr oup=eclipse.tptp#6448

I will try what you suggested on my work machine on Monday.

I tried installing TPTP on my laptop last night, and the monitor window
came up fine, but took a few seconds. Mind you, it was a completely
different workspace.

My firewall also asked me to allow it to connect to the internet. Now at
work, we are behind a proxy. The proxy _is_ configured though. Could this
be causing a problem?
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133668 is a reply to message #133380] Fri, 01 August 2008 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

The file does exist, and is 88 lines long.

I have the following versions:
/* as displayed in the About Eclipse SDK dialog*/
Eclipse SDK
Version: 3.4.0
Build id: I20080617-2000

TPTP Core
Version: 4.5.0.v200806121215-8Z8DEm8ELRXmpromDKxVI_
Build id: TPTP-4.5.0-200806200100

TPTP Analysis Feature
Version: 4.4.100.v200806050100-7F7_EAU_kE77c7U7Q7A77

TPTP Analysis Engine
Version: 4.3.200.v200806050100-784Ag8s733I3C5_4_59

I have downloaded this allinone package for windows from eclipse.org.
/* with the file name
tptp.runtime.allInOne.win32.win32.x86-TPTP-4.5.0.zip */

In the last 1-2 weeks I have installed this version a few times,
sometimes starting with a new workspace to get a bit further, with not
much of a success.

Best Regards
Kristof

Eugene Chan wrote:
> I am resending this reply as I see problem in my last note.
>
> Could you please check and see if
> Eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\config\servic econfig.xmlexists and not empty.It is usually about 88-90 lines in the the file, app.6KB in size.I am not sure if anything is corrupted during unzip of the driver, butcouldyou try download a new driver and try with a fresh workspace.Which TPTP build are you using?Eugene"Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in messagenews:g6cth9$3c0$1@build.eclipse.org...> Hi Eugene.>> Sorry, but it did not work.>> The ACServer did start up, but even though it was running it seems I wasnot able to connect to it.>> And actually the worst part is not that I'm not able to connect to it, butthat seemingly there is no timeout, giving me no other option than to killeclipse.> Which in return makes the next eclipse start take a few minutes /* I guessit believes that the workbench was damaged, and tries to validate/repair it*/>> Best Regards>>> Eugene Chan wrote:>> Hi Kri
stof,>>>> There may be something wrong with the Agent Controller(AC) setup. Pleasetry the following to quickly test the AC setup.>> Before you do anything, shut down Eclipse, and make sure there isdangling process of java.exe nor ACServer.exe>> If you are using an TPTP all-in-one driver, UnderEclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platfo rm.ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\bin, run the following command:>> SetConfig.bat>> keep all default value (simply press entry to pass an input prompt)>> now. try with following command:>> ACServer.exe>> and this should manually startup an AC with no error message prompt.>> If everything run okay so far, now try launch Eclipse and open andmonitor tab again.>>>> In Vista, make sure you have read/write access to the folder andsubfolder ofeclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform. ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller >>>>>> Hope this helps>> Eugene>>>> "Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yah
oo.com> wrote in messagenews:g66te1$7j8$1@build.eclipse.org...>>> Hi,>>>>>> I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 + TPTP4.5.0 (on Vista).>>>>>> When I bring up the Launch Configuration Dialog it tells me, that I haveto select a monitor.>>> But when I switch to the monitor page.. It does not appear.>>> Eclipse as whole freezes, and never comes back.>>>>>> When I try to test the agent controller and go Window / Preferences /Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test Connection" button. The samehappens, eclipse freezes and never comes back.>>>>>> From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start it again(but with no intention of profiling).>>>>>> There is no information in the log, to make things worse.>>>>>> Does anyone have an idea of what is going on ?>>>>>> Thanks>>
>
Re: monitor page not showing [message #133679 is a reply to message #133668] Sat, 02 August 2008 09:16 Go to previous message
As mentioned in an other thread the removing of the SOCKS proxy settings
is able to solve this problem.

BR
Kristof

Kristof Szabados wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The file does exist, and is 88 lines long.
>
> I have the following versions:
> /* as displayed in the About Eclipse SDK dialog*/
> Eclipse SDK
> Version: 3.4.0
> Build id: I20080617-2000
>
> TPTP Core
> Version: 4.5.0.v200806121215-8Z8DEm8ELRXmpromDKxVI_
> Build id: TPTP-4.5.0-200806200100
>
> TPTP Analysis Feature
> Version: 4.4.100.v200806050100-7F7_EAU_kE77c7U7Q7A77
>
> TPTP Analysis Engine
> Version: 4.3.200.v200806050100-784Ag8s733I3C5_4_59
>
> I have downloaded this allinone package for windows from eclipse.org.
> /* with the file name
> tptp.runtime.allInOne.win32.win32.x86-TPTP-4.5.0.zip */
>
> In the last 1-2 weeks I have installed this version a few times,
> sometimes starting with a new workspace to get a bit further, with not
> much of a success.
>
> Best Regards
> Kristof
>
>
> Eugene Chan wrote:
>> I am resending this reply as I see problem in my last note.
>>
>> Could you please check and see if
>> Eclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform.ac .win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\config\servic econfig.xmlexists
>> and not empty.It is usually about 88-90 lines in the the file, app.6KB
>> in size.I am not sure if anything is corrupted during unzip of the
>> driver, butcouldyou try download a new driver and try with a fresh
>> workspace.Which TPTP build are you using?Eugene"Kristof Szabados"
>> <szabadosk@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> messagenews:g6cth9$3c0$1@build.eclipse.org...> Hi Eugene.>> Sorry, but
>> it did not work.>> The ACServer did start up, but even though it was
>> running it seems I wasnot able to connect to it.>> And actually the
>> worst part is not that I'm not able to connect to it, butthat
>> seemingly there is no timeout, giving me no other option than to
>> killeclipse.> Which in return makes the next eclipse start take a few
>> minutes /* I guessit believes that the workbench was damaged, and
>> tries to validate/repair it*/>> Best Regards>>> Eugene Chan wrote:>>
>> Hi Kri
> stof,>>>> There may be something wrong with the Agent Controller(AC)
> setup. Pleasetry the following to quickly test the AC setup.>> Before
> you do anything, shut down Eclipse, and make sure there isdangling
> process of java.exe nor ACServer.exe>> If you are using an TPTP
> all-in-one driver,
> UnderEclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platfo rm.ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller\bin,
> run the following command:>> SetConfig.bat>> keep all default value
> (simply press entry to pass an input prompt)>> now. try with following
> command:>> ACServer.exe>> and this should manually startup an AC
> with no error message prompt.>> If everything run okay so far, now try
> launch Eclipse and open andmonitor tab again.>>>> In Vista, make sure
> you have read/write access to the folder andsubfolder
> ofeclipse\dropins\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.tptp.platform. ac.win_ia32_4.4.1.v200806171132\agent_controller >>>>>>
> Hope this helps>> Eugene>>>> "Kristof Szabados" <szabadosk@yah
> oo.com> wrote in messagenews:g66te1$7j8$1@build.eclipse.org...>>>
> Hi,>>>>>> I have a strange problem. I can not profile with eclipse 3.4 +
> TPTP4.5.0 (on Vista).>>>>>> When I bring up the Launch Configuration
> Dialog it tells me, that I haveto select a monitor.>>> But when I switch
> to the monitor page.. It does not appear.>>> Eclipse as whole freezes,
> and never comes back.>>>>>> When I try to test the agent controller and
> go Window / Preferences /Agent Controller / Hosts and press the "Test
> Connection" button. The samehappens, eclipse freezes and never comes
> back.>>>>>> From here on the only way left is to kill eclipse and start
> it again(but with no intention of profiling).>>>>>> There is no
> information in the log, to make things worse.>>>>>> Does anyone have an