Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Passing parameters to down stream job without triggering the downstream job
Passing parameters to down stream job without triggering the downstream job [message #948941] Thu, 18 October 2012 14:34 Go to next message
Eric Wood is currently offline Eric WoodFriend
I'm using the Parameterized Trigger Plugin because I want to get some values from the upstream job into my downstream job, but I do not want it automatically executed. Is there a way for me to pass parameters to the downstream job without triggering?

The only way I have thought of thus far is to have the upstream job archive a build.properties files and have the downstream job consume it.

thoughts?
Re: Passing parameters to down stream job without triggering the downstream job [message #948974 is a reply to message #948941] Thu, 18 October 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

No, because if you have a job that saves the build parameter for build 1, and then 5 minutes later you execute that same job and creates a new build 2, if the two parameters are different values, which one would you use? Are you just waiting for an upstream project to finish before executing because that's possible where a build parameter is saved until all upstream jobs are done before executing with a parameter.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Passing parameters to down stream job without triggering the downstream job [message #949036 is a reply to message #948974] Thu, 18 October 2012 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Wood is currently offline Eric WoodFriend
I'm not sure that I care which job invoked the downstream job. The downstream job is a deployment job, so as long as I have the parameters passed which tells me which job passed them. Thanks for your speedy reply!
Re: Passing parameters to down stream job without triggering the downstream job [message #949297 is a reply to message #949036] Thu, 18 October 2012 22:02 Go to previous message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

Best method would probably be what you suggest and use the EnvFile plugin to obtain the build.property file and then you can use it as a variable.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Previous Topic:Manage Users label missing
Next Topic: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hudson/maven/MavenBuild
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:39:22 GMT 2024