Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Update View Dynamically?
Update View Dynamically? [message #948826] Thu, 18 October 2012 12:18 Go to next message
Peter F is currently offline Peter FFriend
Hi Folks,

I'm currently using a CheckboxTableViewer with an IObserverable List that populates the table with items.

The issue I am having is that once a new item is successfully added to the IObservableList the display of the table does not get updated UNLESS I click on the display somewhere (on the scroll bar, anywhere on the display in the web browser, etc.).

I was wondering if it was possible to update the display without having to constantly click something.

Any help would be great.
Re: Update View Dynamically? [message #948940 is a reply to message #948826] Thu, 18 October 2012 14:34 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Peter,

What you are looking for is the UICallback. See the FAQ entry here[1]. Keep in mind that the UICallback must be activated from the display thread. Also remember that you can/will have multiple clients connected, each with their own display and their own databinding realm. I think you would need each viewer to have its own IObservableList and only update that list from its display thread using asyncExec(). If there is a shared data model, then you would need to have each client register a listener which holds a reference to its Display that it can use to call asyncExec() which notified of a change to the model. Then, of course, be sure to cleanup all of the listeners when the display/viewer is disposed.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_to_update_the_UI_from_a_background_thread

Hope that helps,

Cole
Previous Topic:Browser won't show in RAP 1.4.2
Next Topic:RAP 2.0 War deployment issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:00:09 GMT 2024