Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84%
Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #948635] Thu, 18 October 2012 08:00 Go to next message
Axel B is currently offline Axel BFriend
Hi,

i hope i get not only Views for this Topic Rolling Eyes

My Prob:
I will debug an application on an remote target. This was started with gdbserver on the Target.
From my Development host i will Attach to this gdbserver socket to debug inside of eclipse.

But everytime the Launching Process hangs at 84%. Cancelling this process is not possible. I have to restart Eclipse. My guess is that there is something going wrong with the communication Eclipse <> cross-gdb, cause when i try to attach with my cross-gdb manually (Console) everything is fine.
I configure the Launches in reference to http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ#How_do_I_debug_a_remote_application.3F

On the gdb traces console i get only the output:
176,877 1-environment-cd /home/<user>/<projectdir>

Under the debug view i can see that gdb was terminated. But i don't know why:
<terminated, exit value: 1>gdb

-- Where can i get more information what is going wrong here?
-- Do someone know where my mistake is?

I tried this with indigo SR2 and Juno SR1 and on both systems the same behaviour.

Any help or hint was welcome !!!

Axel
Re: Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #948764 is a reply to message #948635] Thu, 18 October 2012 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anna Dushistova is currently offline Anna DushistovaFriend
Do I understand correctly that you used either "Manual Remote Launcher" or "Remote Attach Launcher"? Have you tried "Automatic remote launcher"? Do you have the same problem with it?
What gdb/gdbserver versions do you use?
What is the command that you used to launch gdbserver? "gdbserver --multi :<port>" or something else?
Re: Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #948804 is a reply to message #948764] Thu, 18 October 2012 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I try Manual and Remote Launcher

1.) GNU gdb Yellow Dog Linux (5.2.1-4b_8) and the corresponding gdbserver
2.) gdbserver :2001 <application>

BTW. This combination works well out of a Terminal console. I think that the commands that Eclipse uses are not correct. But where can i see what eclipse do? The gdb traces conosole has not more informations for me.
Re: Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #948909 is a reply to message #948804] Thu, 18 October 2012 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The next step i have checked is, if my used Cross Debugger understand MI Commands like this one (-environment-cd) and it does. I start the cross_gdb with -i mi to get it in the MI Mode. -> -environment-cd works -gdb-exit works.
But in Eclipse ist hangs in exactly this command!

Anybody some hints or is this again a post of hundrets in this Board without any answers?
Re: Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #949054 is a reply to message #948909] Thu, 18 October 2012 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anna Dushistova is currently offline Anna DushistovaFriend
Are you using CDI or DSF launch delegate? You should be able to see it on the bottom of your launch configuration page. What does it say?
Re: Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #949072 is a reply to message #948764] Thu, 18 October 2012 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The version of GDB you are using is not supported by DSF debugger. You can try the CDI debugger. Open 'Select other...' link on the bottom of the launch configuration dialog, chcek 'Use configuration specific settings' and select 'Standard Create Process Launcher'.
Re: Launching gdbserver or Launching Manual Remote hangs at 84% [message #949690 is a reply to message #949072] Fri, 19 October 2012 07:40 Go to previous message
Yes, i figured it yesterday with a hint myself out.

The big Problem is in Fact, the old gdb. I have to use the old method to communicate with gdb. Also i have to use the c/c++ Application Launcher instead of the Remote or the Attach Application one to attach to a gdbserver running on a Target device.

Then a connection is established. Smile

Next Step for me: After i have fixed the code Problem in my Application, i have to update the Board Support Package on the Target. Its a lot of work, but it has to be.

Thanks for Help.

Previous Topic:RSE Connect failure using Dstore daemon
Next Topic:issuing a remote build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:33:39 GMT 2024