Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Popup-list for different relations
Popup-list for different relations [message #946904] Tue, 16 October 2012 16:10 Go to next message
Simon Zutterman is currently offline Simon ZuttermanFriend
Hi everybody,

I'm a student using Eclipse to make a graphical editor for my masters thesis and as such am an Eclipse-amateur.

My graphical editor has 3 nodes: Goals, Actors and Operations.
Actors can be linked to Goals with a 'Responsibility' relationship.
Actors can be linked to Operations by one of 4 possible different relationships.

Because my tool has to be as userfriendly as possible, i use a single 'Relationship' creation tool in my Palette.

My problem is that i don't know how to let eclipse present me a popup-list with the 4 possible links to choose from when creating a relationship between an Actor and an Operation in the graphical editor.

I've heard it would have something to do with the ModelingAssistant, but haven't got a clue know how to tackle this problem.

Any help is much appreciated!
Re: Popup-list for different relations [message #947876 is a reply to message #946904] Wed, 17 October 2012 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

if your meta model and mapping model are right you should not have to progam anything to reach this. Do you have 4 different connections in your meta model and for each a link mapping in your mappin model?

Ralph
Re: Popup-list for different relations [message #948201 is a reply to message #947876] Wed, 17 October 2012 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Zutterman is currently offline Simon ZuttermanFriend
Thanks for the reply Ralph,

when it didn't work at first i tried enumerations and using relationships as seperate classes, but i went back to 4 simple references and now it works indeed!

Many thanks,

Simon

[Updated on: Wed, 17 October 2012 21:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Popup-list for different relations [message #978988 is a reply to message #948201] Sat, 10 November 2012 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi Simon,

I've got the same problem like you first had. Can you maybe explain in a more detailed way how you have resolved this? Maybe you can show me your diagram?

Cheers,
Phil
Re: Popup-list for different relations [message #981197 is a reply to message #978988] Mon, 12 November 2012 08:26 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi Phil,

maybe you could open a new thread describing you problem so that it can be solved.

Ralph
Previous Topic:Constraint causes - org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: null argument:
Next Topic:how to change node representation in palette and diagram?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:04:54 GMT 2024