Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64(Installation complete but features missing)
Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #946095] Mon, 15 October 2012 23:43 Go to next message
David Clemens is currently offline David ClemensFriend
I used the Lua Koneki - http://download.eclipse.org/koneki/releases/stable update site to download and install all four listed items. It appeared to be successful and all four are listed in "installed software". However, no Lua or Koneki facet is available, or project type, and the topic is not available in Help.

Please tell me what more information I can provide.

Eclipse Juno (JDT is 3.8.0), Windows 7, 64-bit.

In the error Log I do see many of these:

eclipse.buildId=I20120608-1400
java.version=1.7.0_07
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product

Error
Mon Oct 15 19:09:31 EDT 2012
No repository found at http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R3.4.0/S-3.4.0M1-20110812160550/repository/.
Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #946766 is a reply to message #946095] Tue, 16 October 2012 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Very weird David :/
Could you provide a pastebin of what is in Help>About>Installation Details>Configuration?

Thank you,
Benjamin.

Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #947602 is a reply to message #946766] Wed, 17 October 2012 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi David,

I have try to install whole koneki features on a fresh linux 32bit eclipse (I doesn't have win 7 64 bit right now), and all work fine. I have the Lua perspective, and also the oma-dm simulator in the new wizard.

So two choices:
- It's a windows (64bit or not) specfic problem.
- Your actual eclipse installation have some issues, or some incompatibilities with Koneki.

Maybe try to install a koneki on a fresh eclipse.

Imo, your exception is not blocker to install koneki, it's just a warning about another update site.
Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #948026 is a reply to message #946766] Wed, 17 October 2012 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for replying. Here is my configuration

//pastebin.com/uPQDkvQp

however the full configuration exceeded the pastebin 500K limit so I snipped just the User Preferences section. If you need that, it is here:

//pastebin.com/JZx5KwTi

Also, I had to remove the "http:" at the front of these links because the wiki gave me this error: "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 25 messages." Odd, because this is not a link to eclipse.org, and I do have fewer than 25 messages. Anyway,

Thanks much for anything you can find.
Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #948030 is a reply to message #947602] Wed, 17 October 2012 17:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Marc, I agree that a fresh Eclipse may be the next best step to try. And also that the error message is probably unrelated, but it is hard to tell.
Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #948845 is a reply to message #948030] Thu, 18 October 2012 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi David,

Thanks for your configuration, but we don't find any clue about your problem or any way to reproduce it Sad

So if you reproduce it on a fresh install, it may be helpful if you can send us log files and describe steps to reproduce.

Marc
Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #949006 is a reply to message #948845] Thu, 18 October 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay, thanks very much for reviewing it, and I will try a fresh Eclipse next.
Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #949378 is a reply to message #949006] Fri, 19 October 2012 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I created a new eclipse directory fresh from the Juno download and the installation got much further-- now I can see my files with Lua formatting-- great!

However, the dashboard (home symbol) throws an exception, included below. Also, pardon my ignorance, do I need a separate Lua VM executable installed somewhere? I have not been able to Run or Debug my Lua code. [EDIT: Sorry, I found www.lua.org and installed Lua 5.1 for Windows]

Fwiw, I used my old workspace-- I'm not sure if that is a problem.

Thanks again for your help.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.koneki.dashboard.ui.extension.DashboardsManager.getLastPageForDashboard(DashboardsManager.java:276)
at org.eclipse.koneki.dashboard.ui.Dashboard.selectPage(Dashboard.java:110)
at org.eclipse.koneki.dashboard.ui.Dashboard.createPartControl(Dashboard.java:102)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:129)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPartControl(CompatibilityEditor.java:95)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:300)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:857)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:837)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.inject(InjectorImpl.java:111)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:318)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:240)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:161)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:102)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:71)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:53)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:141)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:889)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:623)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:725)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$2(PartRenderingEngine.java:696)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$7.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:690)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:675)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.showTab(StackRenderer.java:1042)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer$1.handleEvent(LazyStackRenderer.java:67)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler$1.run(UIEventHandler.java:41)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:180)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4687)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:187)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:197)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:148)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:78)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:39)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:81)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:57)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.ElementContainerImpl.setSelectedElement(ElementContainerImpl.java:171)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.showElementInWindow(ModelServiceImpl.java:418)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ModelServiceImpl.bringToTop(ModelServiceImpl.java:385)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.delegateBringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:578)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.bringToTop(PartServiceImpl.java:314)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.showPart(PartServiceImpl.java:962)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:3071)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$21(WorkbenchPage.java:2996)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$8.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2978)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2974)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2933)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2916)
at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditorOnFileStore(IDE.java:1253)
at org.eclipse.koneki.dashboard.ui.handlers.OpenDashboardHandler.execute(OpenDashboardHandler.java:41)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:76)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:56)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:229)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:131)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:171)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.executeItem(HandledContributionItem.java:851)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(HandledContributionItem.java:744)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem.access$7(HandledContributionItem.java:728)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.HandledContributionItem$4.handleEvent(HandledContributionItem.java:667)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:916)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:585)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:540)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)

[Updated on: Fri, 19 October 2012 00:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Cannot install on Eclipse Juno, Win 7 x64 [message #963168 is a reply to message #949378] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:11 Go to previous message
Hi David,

When you install Koneki using update site, you has selected the "Koneki Commons" category. But, unfortunately commons doesn't bring any features except the Koneki dashboard, which in not maintain.

In fact, we plan to remove the dashboard temporarily on the 0.9 Koneki release, so we don't plan to fix/update the current dashboard deliver with the 0.8.

So, for the moment, the workaround is to uncheck "Koneki Commons" category when installing Koneki.

Thanks for your feedback and feel free to report any problem, it's really helpful.

Marc
Previous Topic:Update from built sources
Next Topic:Gideros Code Assist
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:05:17 GMT 2024