Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Stored configuration for similar projects?(How to have saved settings for similar project?)
Stored configuration for similar projects? [message #945733] Mon, 15 October 2012 15:33 Go to next message
Lou Arnold is currently offline Lou ArnoldFriend
I have a need to develop a number of CDT projects that will use the same paths and libraries. Its very tedious to enter these for each project. I was hoping for a way of setting up a common configuration that can be used to create a project of this type in a much simpler way. I tried exporting and importing project settings, but the list of libraries for the linker isn't exported. (I checked the xml file.) Please explain the approach, if there is one.

I'm running WinXP with Juno, CDT, and OpenCV and MinGW32 (the OpenCV libraries were build with MinGW). Its all in C/C++. I have successfully built and run one program.

Regards,
Lou.
Re: Stored configuration for similar projects? [message #946369 is a reply to message #945733] Tue, 16 October 2012 06:43 Go to previous message
Lou Arnold is currently offline Lou ArnoldFriend
By the way...I tried to copy, paste and rename a base project (no code, but all the config settings). It works, but you have to do alot of fiddling to get everything properly re-named. Since, for every project, I would have to enter and edit 14 library names into the linker Libraries list (-L), I'm happy with it, but a common configuration system would be of better help.
Previous Topic:error 126 on win7 x64 with cygwin
Next Topic:Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:52:36 GMT 2024