Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Window Builder , Form Designer(Modifications for a new API)
Window Builder , Form Designer [message #945694] Mon, 15 October 2012 14:44 Go to next message
Mehdi Afshar is currently offline Mehdi AfsharFriend
Hi;

We have a 4GL language which will benefit from such a product as Window Builder. To do this we require some changes in Window Builder.

What is the best approach if we did not want to put our on developers on these modifications.

Thanks in anticipation for your response.

Mehdi
Re: Window Builder , Form Designer [message #947332 is a reply to message #945694] Wed, 17 October 2012 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If you require some changes to WindowBuilder, you can either make the changes and submit them to the WB team for review, or you can convince someone else to make them for you. If it is a small change and you can describe it in enough detail, one of the WB committers might be willing to do it for you. If it is a significant change that requires days/weeks of work, you would probably need to hire an Eclipse-plugin-knowledgeable developer to make the changes and submit the corresponding patches.

Having your developers make the mods and submit the patches would be the best option from my point of view.
Re: Window Builder , Form Designer [message #947648 is a reply to message #947332] Wed, 17 October 2012 09:28 Go to previous message
Mehdi Afshar is currently offline Mehdi AfsharFriend
Hi Eric,

Thank you for your guidance. I would very much appreciate to get hold of an Eclipse-plugin-knowledgeable developer for hire, who could do the work for us. The estimated work is about 2 man month. Should the work be of any interest to other users of WindowBuilder it can be submitted for future inclusion after approval. Should you know of anyone please put them in touch with me, or if you could guide me where to find some one.

Thanks once more.
Previous Topic:Setting background image
Next Topic:WindowBuilder Release for Juno
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:19:35 GMT 2024