Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes(Editing the Project's INCLUDE environment variable yields no change in include resolutions)
Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes [message #944753] Mon, 15 October 2012 05:17 Go to next message
Glen Oakley is currently offline Glen OakleyFriend
I have successfully compiled a few small C programs using the default includes for C projects in Eclipse. These include:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\gl
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\Include

I have now edited the INCLUDE environment variable (Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Environment) to also contain:

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.2\include

Any attempts to include header files located in this last directory are marked as 'unresolved inclusions'. The Includes 'folder' in my project does not change, either. The initial includes (Microsoft SDK) remain fully functional. Have I missed something while trying to add additional include paths? I've triple-checked the spelling and location.

NOTE: When including the full directory to a header file (#include "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v4.2\include\cuda.h"), things work just fine. I'd really rather avoid doing that, though.
Re: Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes [message #945014 is a reply to message #944753] Mon, 15 October 2012 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The INCLUDE environment variable is not parsed by Eclipse. You must add the include paths in Project Properties->General C/C++->Paths and Symbols: Includes

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes [message #945515 is a reply to message #945014] Mon, 15 October 2012 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glen Oakley is currently offline Glen OakleyFriend
Thank you for that clarification. Is there any purpose to setting the environment variables then?
Re: Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes [message #946380 is a reply to message #945515] Tue, 16 October 2012 06:52 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The Visual Studio compiler parses the environment variable.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Stored configuration for similar projects?
Next Topic:"files to index up-front" disappeared in Version 8.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:28:09 GMT 2024