Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "files to index up-front" disappeared in Version 8.1(indexer preference page in juno no longer contains "files to index up-front")
"files to index up-front" disappeared in Version 8.1 [message #941834] Fri, 12 October 2012 22:47 Go to next message
jan baeyens is currently offline jan baeyensFriend
Hi
I was in the process to switch from indigo to Juno when I noticed the "files to index up-front" available in Indigo has disappeared from the index preference page in Juno.
I have searched a bit but have not found why or how to implement a similar feature in Juno.
I use this feature with the arduino eclipse plugin so that the Serial object is found by the indexer.
Basically the arduino.h has lots of includes and if they are not processed in the correct sequence the Serial object is mostly not found. I noticed the indexer delivered with Juno does not find the Serial object just like the Indigo indexer.
Adding arduino.h with it full path to the "files to index up-front" solved my issue.
How do I solve this issue in Juno?

Best regards
Jantje
Re: "files to index up-front" disappeared in Version 8.1 [message #945008 is a reply to message #941834] Mon, 15 October 2012 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
In Project Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols is a tab called "Include Files".* There you can add the arduino.h header.

This tab is not visible by default. You must first open the global preferences page (Windows->Preferences). In C/C++->Property Pages Settings you must enable "Display Include Files tab".

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: "files to index up-front" disappeared in Version 8.1 [message #945386 is a reply to message #945008] Mon, 15 October 2012 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jan baeyens is currently offline jan baeyensFriend
Alex
Thanks for the info. However I seem to be unable to find the tab "include Files". As you can see on the image below there is a tab (which has always been visible) called includes but you can only add directories there.

I have set and unset the "Display Include Files tab" without any effect I noticed.

To be sure that we are talking about the same issue. This are my settings in indigo for the indexer:

I can not set the files to index upfront in juno

I must say that I found out after the post that after a compile and a refresh of the indexer uptil now Juno has processed the arduino.h correctly.
But I still would like to know how to do this or what I'm doing wrong.
Best regards
Jantje

PS I had attached images which showed up great in the preview but I got following error when posting "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 25 messages."
Images are available at gallerij.baeyens.it/#4.0
Re: "files to index up-front" disappeared in Version 8.1 [message #946385 is a reply to message #945386] Tue, 16 October 2012 06:57 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
The option to "files to index up-front" was removed in Juno because it was a workaround and improvements in the indexer made it obsolete. So when after a refresh of the index everything is alright then there is no need to change anything.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Include Path Yields Unresolved Includes
Next Topic:Eclipse with C++-Builder 2007 (aka "RAD Studio")
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:55:19 GMT 2024