Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Reference Anyone?(Help to promote Virgo and get more traffic to your site)
Virgo Reference Anyone? [message #941189] Fri, 12 October 2012 09:33 Go to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Following on from the nice write-up about the use of Virgo by Croatian Telecom, I'd like to encourage others who have not already done so to provide a brief summary of how they are using Virgo. If you can include a company name, so much the better. Numbers of servers, users, and applications are helpful if you have them to hand as are peak traffic rates. A frank summary of the pro's and con's of Virgo and OSGi will help others who are assessing the technology. Also, mentioning some of the specific 3rd party components you are successfully using gives others an idea whether what they'd like to do is feasible.

I'll try to link helpful write-ups which include company names from the "Virgo Powered" list of the Virgo home page, so you get some free marketing out of this. If you can place your write-up on a personal or company blog, I can link to that too, thus helping to increase your inbound links and traffic.

This is a great, low-cost way to contribute something back to the Virgo community. Please take a few minutes to do a write-up if you feel you can.
Re: Virgo Reference Anyone? [message #964560 is a reply to message #941189] Tue, 30 October 2012 16:12 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I should mention that I will not forward email addresses to third parties (or to VMware/SpringSource sales personnel). I'm simply interest in providing evidence to the Virgo community that Virgo is being used.

The OSGi Alliance are keen to promote success stories. If anyone reading this would be willing to provide some basic information about your use of Virgo/OSGi, please email me at gninquiry-osgicasestudy@yahoo.co.uk.
Previous Topic:Is Virgo used in production environments?
Next Topic:Present your use of Virgo at EclipseCon?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:21:43 GMT 2024