Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Charts in a crosstab column(How to add charts into a crosstab column)
Charts in a crosstab column [message #940173] Thu, 11 October 2012 11:36 Go to next message
Ahmet Ekrem SABAN is currently offline Ahmet Ekrem SABANFriend
Hello!

I am new to BIRT and started "flying" two days ago. Smile I get from a colleague reports generated with a Microsoft reporting tool that I have to recreate in BIRT to show the power of this open-source tool in a demo. The last report I received has two charts in the rows, as you can see in the attachment. Also, I attach what I could do with BIRT.

My question: How can I add a chart as a column to the report? In other words, how can I move the pie charts and area charts to new columns in the report of "Firma X" above?

I tried to add it to the data cube, but that seems to be the wrong way.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards!
Ekrem

[Updated on: Fri, 12 October 2012 07:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Charts in a crosstab column [message #941671 is a reply to message #940173] Fri, 12 October 2012 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

You can drag a chart to a crosstab measure cell, but it has to use data from the crosstab cube. That said using script you can always replace its data. You can also right click on meaasure icon and set any measure to shows a chart as well. I am attaching example of doing this. You can also show totals as charts as well.

Jason
Re: Charts in a crosstab column [message #1000939 is a reply to message #941671] Tue, 15 January 2013 18:20 Go to previous message
chris hayden is currently offline chris haydenFriend
Hi Ahmet Ekrem SABAN,
Did you every find out to how to put the area chart in the crosstab. I too am facing the same problem.
Previous Topic:Publishing/Sharing BIRT Reports
Next Topic:How to install additional plugin in RCP Designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:14:01 GMT 2024