Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » How to split a Scout project to several sub-projects.
How to split a Scout project to several sub-projects. [message #939841] Thu, 11 October 2012 04:53 Go to next message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
Hello,

In a big ecnterprise application, such as Finance application, or a full functioning CRM, i think that is considered best practice to split the application, in several sub-applications. For example in an ERP application there will be the invoicing, ordering, inventory e.tc. modules.

This practice helps for different packaging, and for easier maintance at least.

Is there any experience on how to design such kind of applications?

[Updated on: Thu, 11 October 2012 04:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to split a Scout project to several sub-projects. [message #939932 is a reply to message #939841] Thu, 11 October 2012 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Did you have a look at:
Multi-Module Applications (Creating modularised applications using eclipse scout) (by Ivan Motsch)
Multi-Module Applications (by Stefan Mutschler)

I think this is the only documentation we have for the moment. In my opinion the concept described are now in the current version 3.8.

If you want to know more, feel free to ask question (here, or in an other forum thread).

If this Module Applications by Ivan Motch concept is not what you are looking for with your "sub-applications" concept, do not hesitate to debate on the differences and what could be improved in Scout. We welcome feedback.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 October 2012 12:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to split a Scout project to several sub-projects. [message #941920 is a reply to message #939932] Sat, 13 October 2012 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stathis Alexopoulos is currently offline Stathis AlexopoulosFriend
Oops, I thought that i was searched... Really sorry for the duplicate.

Ivan described a design which is exactly what i had in my mind when i started the topic.

P.S. Both of links mentioned from J.Br. pointing to the same topic.

For anyone who interested there are two topics named both Multi-Module Applications.

The first one was created by Ivan Motch and he described an excellent design pattern for big multi-module applications.
The second one was created by Stefan Mutschler and contains a snippet from Claudio Guglielmo.
Re: How to split a Scout project to several sub-projects. [message #945573 is a reply to message #941920] Mon, 15 October 2012 13:02 Go to previous message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Stathis Alexopoulos wrote on Sat, 13 October 2012 03:06
Oops, I thought that i was searched... Really sorry for the duplicate.

No problem. It is not a big deal.

Documentation and Overview of the Scout possibilities is something that need to be improved.

Stathis Alexopoulos wrote on Sat, 13 October 2012 03:06
P.S. Both of links mentioned from J.Br. pointing to the same topic.

Thanks. It is a copy-paste error. I updated my post.
Previous Topic:PageBox
Next Topic:Font issues: WingDings
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:50:35 GMT 2024