Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Graphiti and RAP
Graphiti and RAP [message #939047] Wed, 10 October 2012 11:32 Go to next message
Alexander von Eich is currently offline Alexander von EichFriend
Hi,

I can use graphiti in RCP. But is it possible to include graphiti in an RAP application as well? If not has anyone an idea if a graph framework exist which I can use in RAP and RCP?

Thanks and regards
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #939466 is a reply to message #939047] Wed, 10 October 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
I think that might be possible if GEF is (fully) supported on RAP as Graphiti uses GEF/draw2d for visualization. You may ask on the RAP forum about the current state of GEF integration into RAP.
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #940296 is a reply to message #939466] Thu, 11 October 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeeeyul Lee is currently offline Jeeeyul LeeFriend

I think you can't use graphiti for RAP.
Because GEF/RAP port only supports pre-defined figure in draw2d, since GEF/RAP does not render using graphics but HTML elements.

I think Graphiti uses custom figures which contains rendering code(Draw2d Graphics).

Anyway, I think GEF/RAP is fun toy, but it is pretty slow.

How about this one?
http://gefgwt.org

It is not ready to use yet, but it's demo prove it's quality enough.
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1234172 is a reply to message #939047] Tue, 21 January 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phil Wim is currently offline Phil WimFriend
Hi there,

any news on that?

Since GEF is ported to RAP 2.2. Did anybody try out to run graphiti with rap 2.x?

What is left to do for integrating graphiti into rap?

Appreciate any experience!

Philippe

Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1255642 is a reply to message #1234172] Mon, 24 February 2014 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brad Hoffman is currently offline Brad HoffmanFriend
Hi,

I'm currently working on a Graphiti Diagram for an RCP application. I'd also like to know whether anyone has made an effort to get Graphiti working with RAP.

Brad
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1258639 is a reply to message #1255642] Thu, 27 February 2014 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Phil, Brad,

from Graphiti framework side this is unfortunately easy to answer: no, there
were no efforts in this directions. But I don't know if anybody else tried
that...

Michael
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1699780 is a reply to message #1258639] Fri, 26 June 2015 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerome Sivadier is currently offline Jerome SivadierFriend
Hello,

As the topic already exist, I'm glad to announce that I have been able to launch Graphiti on RAP Smile. The result is not fully working, very experimental and I still have several "strange" bugs that seem to be linked with "org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.textsize.TextSizeUtil.getAvgCharWidth" but it's a beginning !
Still there are lots of modifications to do to launch a Graphiti editor on RAP:

1. Download all the GEF + Draw2d plugins for RAP that are still under nightly development. I have used those for my demo : http://download.eclipse.org/rt/rap/incubator/nightly/gef/20141203-1509/plugins/?d
  2. Download "org.eclipse.graphiti.ui" from the source repository because we will have to modify a lot of stuff inside
  3. Remove all calls to "GraphitiUi.getUiLayoutService().calculateTextSize" in your source code because it crashes GEF (or draw2d...) -> Error "Graphic is disposed"
  4. Remove all calls to "*.getControl().addControlListener" in your source code because the size of the GEF diagram varies a lot, all the time... (sounds like a bug)

Then you will have to modify your cloned project "org.eclipse.graphiti.ui":

1. New dependencies: org.eclipse.graphiti, org.eclipse.core.expressions, org.eclipse.rap.gef, org.eclipse.emf.transaction, org.eclipse.rap.jface,org.eclipse.rap.ui.ide, org.eclipse.rap.draw2d, org.eclipse.rap.draw2d.compatibility, org.eclipse.rap.ui.views.properties.tabbed, org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench
  2. Patches might be needed to declare missing "org.eclipse.jface.viewers", "org.eclipse.swt.graphics" and "org.eclipse.swt.widgets" classes
  3. Fix the compile errors in org.eclipse.graphiti.ui, in my case I have just commented the bad lines, and changed some minor issues (ex: Rectangle.INSTANCE -> Rectangle.getINSTANCE())
  4. Remove the calls to unexisting functions such as "path.addArc"
  5. Remove all the "addMouseMoveListener" and when you need them replace them by "addMouseListener" because in RAP you CAN'T have messages all the time from the client to the server for the mouse position (...) -> eg: in DiagramBehavior

And you can finally LAUNCH your application, it should work as expected Smile
As I know a picture is the best way to prove this is "working", a picture of the result is attached to this post: index.php/fa/22316/0/

Have fun !
  • Attachment: RAP.PNG
    (Size: 112.21KB, Downloaded 923 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 26 June 2015 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1700191 is a reply to message #1699780] Tue, 30 June 2015 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
Jerome,

that sounds cool, thanks for sharing this! I hope I can give it a try
soon...

Michael
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1700200 is a reply to message #1700191] Tue, 30 June 2015 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerome Sivadier is currently offline Jerome SivadierFriend
Michael,

I'm getting close to have a fully functional editor without "strange bugs" I was describing before. These bugs were linked to bad implementations on the draw2d side for RAP and once they are fixed, it works without any issues Smile.
I can give you pointers if you are stuck at some point trying Graphiti on RAP, just let me know.

Best regards,
Jerome
Re: Graphiti and RAP [message #1780980 is a reply to message #1700200] Tue, 30 January 2018 20:12 Go to previous message
Alex Kravets is currently offline Alex KravetsFriend
Has there been any progress with porting Graphiti to RAP?
Previous Topic:Drag & Drop IFile object from Project Explorer into Graphiti Editor
Next Topic:Migrating Graphiti Model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:00:03 GMT 2024