Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » problems with timer events
problems with timer events [message #938980] Wed, 10 October 2012 10:17 Go to next message
leo c is currently offline leo cFriend
Hi all
I've been arguing with timer events for days, but i'm still losing.
Tried to look on the web, but couldn't find any help for this.
Can you please help me and explain me how to set Timer Events in Eclipse for bpmn2.0 diagrams?
I tried writing 5s as TimerDelay and 0s as TimerPeriod, but the process just stops at that node. Why? What shall I write to:
- wait 5 seconds
- wait untill a date
- cycle the process, triggering that event every 10s (for example)

Thanks all
Regards
Leo

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2012 12:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problems with timer events [message #939316 is a reply to message #938980] Wed, 10 October 2012 16:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Leo,

Are you having trouble with a specific execution engine or with understanding & configuring timer events in general? The BPMN 2.0 specification is intentionally vague about the meaning of the timer values since these are typically specific to the targeted bpm engine.

Cheers,
Bob
Re: problems with timer events [message #939321 is a reply to message #939316] Wed, 10 October 2012 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Page 274 of the BPMN 2.0 specification explains TimerEventDefinitions here: http://www.omg.org/spec/BPMN/2.0/

HTH,
Bob

Re: problems with timer events [message #939968 is a reply to message #939321] Thu, 11 October 2012 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Bob,
Thanks for replying! I have trouble just on Eclipse, because I tried modifying the Timer data with XML and it worked. At least, worked when i wanted to terminate the process in 10 minutes if no operations were done. I don't even know what to write (in XML) if I want to trigger the Timer on a date, but I think (as I found on the web):

<timerEventDefinition>
<timeDate>2011-03-11T12:13:14</timeDate>
</timerEventDefinition>

Please, correct me if it's wrong.
I will read the documentations you are suggesting me, thanks again!

-edit-
I'm sorry to bother you so much, but I really can't figure out how to make timer works on Eclipse.
Why the process just terminates when it reaches the Timer? On Eclipse there are TimerDelay and TimerPeriod, while on the file you told me to read, there are three "things" about time: timeDate, timeCycle and timeDuration. How can I manage the Eclipse to use these three funcions?
Thanks again!
Best regards
Leo

[Updated on: Thu, 11 October 2012 07:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problems with timer events [message #940370 is a reply to message #938980] Thu, 11 October 2012 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kris Verlanen is currently offline Kris VerlanenFriend
Leo,

It probably depends on whether you're just trying to use the full BPMN2 specification, or limiting yourself to the constructs of one specific vendor. As most vendors don't support the full spec yet, or might have custom extensions.

For jBPM for example, we currently don't have support for the timedate attribute, so that means if you select jBPM as the target engine, that attribute will be hidden.

For timers that you want to fire just once, or repeatedly, we use a very simple, custom format:
* for just waiting once: "10s" or "5m" or "1d" etc.
* for repeated triggering: specify an initial delay and then a repeat interval, "10s###10s" or "1d###3d" etc.

Hope this helps

Kris
Re: problems with timer events [message #941095 is a reply to message #940370] Fri, 12 October 2012 08:05 Go to previous message
Thanks a lot Kris!
It helps indeed, but when I run as jUnitTest on the Eclipse, it just terminates at that node. May be a problem with Eclipse editor because it works when I deploy on server, using jBPM-console for Human Tasks.
Thanks again!
Best regards
Leo
Previous Topic:Resizing of tasks not preserved on save
Next Topic:Release Review documentation for version 0.1.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:18:09 GMT 2024