Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec doesn't replace text(behavior of a test case not what it is supposed to be)
ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec doesn't replace text [message #938140] Tue, 09 October 2012 15:34 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
using ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec to replace the value of a cell in table with text. But text is not being replaced but instead appears to be inserted in the middle of the text or added to the beginning. Is this the correct behavior? Is there other test case I should use instead?
Re: ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec doesn't replace text [message #946592 is a reply to message #938140] Tue, 16 October 2012 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

The replace text with cell spec is an action whose behaviour is highly dependent on the cell editor used in the table. What is sometimes necessary is that you create a module that does this for your tables e.g.

- Select the cell you want to edit
- Click in it / press ctrl+a / press delete (depending on how your editor works)
- Use input text to enter the text
- Press enter if necessary

It takes a bit of time to make the module perhaps, but then you can reuse it for any table and any value.

HTH,
Alex
Re: ub_tbl_replaceTextWithCellSpec doesn't replace text [message #953763 is a reply to message #946592] Mon, 22 October 2012 14:11 Go to previous message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
I see! Yes, that works. I added a select cell and delete key press before the replace text and now I am getting what I need. Thank you again for your help!

Previous Topic:How to make common test case for 2 similar screens
Next Topic:Limit to modularization and referencing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:01:07 GMT 2024