Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't get "ahtik" word-wrap plugin to work(Word wrap plugin)
icon5.gif  Can't get "ahtik" word-wrap plugin to work [message #937910] Tue, 09 October 2012 11:19 Go to next message
Adam Bohn is currently offline Adam BohnFriend
I see there is no shortage of grumbling about word wrap in Eclipse in general! So I will be specific.

I have installed the word-wrap plugin from ahtik.com (yesteday, so the latest version), and I see the word-wrap option appearing in the context menu when I right-click. However, when I select it, the text seem to wrap momentarily, before immediately going to back to being unwrapped.

The same thing happens when I do Ctrl + Alt + w (obviously), and it happens no matter whether I change the settings to hard or soft wrap, or which combination of the word-wrap buttons I have toggled press (why are there two of these by the way??).

Any help much appreciated...this is really ruining my enjoyment of a wonderful editor!

PS - I'm using Version 4.2.0 of Eclipse on a Windows 7 PC. At present I only use it for Texclipse.
Re: Can't get "ahtik" word-wrap plugin to work [message #938036 is a reply to message #937910] Tue, 09 October 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Your best chance at getting help would probably be to ask at ahtik.com since the plugin you are using is provided by them.
Re: Can't get "ahtik" word-wrap plugin to work [message #940416 is a reply to message #938036] Thu, 11 October 2012 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Bohn is currently offline Adam BohnFriend
Thanks! I did just that, and he kindly gave me a fix the very next day. (I am reposting here what I wrote in the topic I just started, in case someone has the same problem and stumbles across this in a google search):

The way to fix it as follows:

Look up the texlipse plugin location. This will probably be in the Eclipse folder, and the address will probably end: ...\eclipse\plugins\net.sourceforge.texlipse_1.5.0.

Backup the plugin.xml file there just in case, and then edit the original by deleting the following chunks of code:

-Firstly, the "action" (starting at line 843):

action

class="net.sourceforge.texlipse.actions.TexWordWrapAction"
definitionId="net.sourceforge.texlipse.commands.texWordWrap"
icon="icons/wrap.gif"
id="net.sourceforge.texlipse.actions.texWordWrap"
label="W&rap text"
menubarPath="net.sourceforge.texlipse.menus.latex/latexGroup"
style="toggle"
toolbarPath="latexGroup"
tooltip="Use word wrap"

-Secondly, the "command" (starting at line 972):

command

categoryId="net.sourceforge.texlipse.latexEditingCategory"
name="Wrap text"
id="net.sourceforge.texlipse.commands.texWordWrap"

(When you have done this, the file should be 1257 lines long, instead of 1271. I have also attached the edited plugin.xml file to this post if you want to use it).

Finally, Ahti says: "Start eclipse with -clean command line argument to force reloading of plugin.xml." (Personally I had no idea how to do this, so I just removed and reinstalled his plugin, then exited Eclipse, and edited the code before I restarted it).

The function should work fine now. Hope this helps someone. And thanks again Ahti!
  • Attachment: plugin.xml
    (Size: 45.81KB, Downloaded 366 times)
Re: Can't get "ahtik" word-wrap plugin to work [message #1007564 is a reply to message #940416] Wed, 06 February 2013 13:52 Go to previous message
Florian Weßling is currently offline Florian WeßlingFriend
Hi Smile

I just wanted to tell you that I wrote a fix for the problem with the current Eclipse Juno release regarding word wrapping and the line numbering.

As a response to bug #35779 (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=35779) I rewrote Ahtis plug-in to make it work with the latest Eclipse version and fixed the line number column Smile Please take a look at my project website for this plug-in and the fix: dev.cdhq.de/eclipse/word-wrap/

I hope my work will help someone because it is really useful in combination with the TeXlipse plug-in I use. I appreciate any feedback. Smile

Kind regards
Florian/ColdDevil
Previous Topic:Update sites behind proxy with Kepler M4
Next Topic:First Android App Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:44:16 GMT 2024