Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Problem in Webservices with JAX-WS of Scout Tutorials(Link which is specified at the last of the tutorial does not exist)
Problem in Webservices with JAX-WS of Scout Tutorials [message #934948] Sat, 06 October 2012 13:50 Go to next message
Omkar Mujumdar is currently offline Omkar MujumdarFriend
Hi,

I have been following the web services tutorial from "/wiki.eclipse.org/Scout/Tutorial/3.8/webservices/Webservices_with_JAX-WS". I have followed all the instructions given in the tutorial and I got an issue at the end of the tutorial while testing "Webservices Provider". The Url "localhost:8080/tutorial/jaxws" does not exist. Looking at the Properties of Web service at "Server|Webservices|Provider|Services|CompanyWebServices" I could gather that the url pattern is "/jaxws/CompanyWebService ". So I tried to access "localhost:8080/jaxws/CompanyWebService" The URL returns a regular scout application page as shown in the attached image, not a listing of web services as documented in the tutorial.
Where should I start looking to debug this issue. Jetty console does not show any errors.

Thanks in advance
Re: Problem in Webservices with JAX-WS of Scout Tutorials [message #936681 is a reply to message #934948] Mon, 08 October 2012 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Sorry to bother u, i found the issue and rectified it. There was a flag in our application with the path name "/jaxws" in config.ini of server and we used the path as specified in the tutorial which was not working. Now with this path "//localhost:8080/jaxws/jaxws/" we are getting the desired result as specified in the tutorial.

Thank You.
Re: Problem in Webservices with JAX-WS of Scout Tutorials [message #936682 is a reply to message #934948] Mon, 08 October 2012 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Mon, 08 October 2012 08:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem in Webservices with JAX-WS of Scout Tutorials [message #938151 is a reply to message #936682] Tue, 09 October 2012 15:49 Go to previous message
Ken Lee is currently offline Ken LeeFriend
Hi,

You probably applied the suggested project alias "jaxws" when you created your Scout project.
In the tutorial, the project alias "tutorial" is used as shown in [1]. Therefore, the URL to use in the tutorial is localhost:8080/tutorial/jaxws whereas in your case, it is localhost:8080/jaxws/jaxws as you've already found it.

[1] wiki.eclipse.org/Image:Org.eclipse.scout.tutorial.jaxws.CreateScoutProject_1.png
Previous Topic:Adding rows to tablefield
Next Topic:Wizard: Manipulating the flow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:46:30 GMT 2024