Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Can we put one component inside another XWT composite(Putting one component inside another composite.)
Can we put one component inside another XWT composite [message #934666] Sat, 06 October 2012 06:47 Go to next message
Anil Kumar is currently offline Anil KumarFriend
My need is to create a composite XWT component and add that to palette. That composite component can be used by any other application trying to draw a UI.

I created composite button, text box etc and everything works fine.

I created a composite table and put that inside palette. An UI dragged and dropped my composite table into UI and till that point it worked. But when user tries to add a column inside my table, it is not allowing to add (nothing happens) since my table is a composite component.

SO, my requirement is to either make a composite component and even then allow user to add components such as table column etc to add in that.... OR
If it is not possible, take existing table from widgets.Table and add my own attributes/properties (such as myCustomProp1, myCustomprop2 etc) so that user can drag and drop original palette table but he can edit these custom properties.

Want to know if any one of above is possible and how to do that.

thanks.
Re: Can we put one component inside another XWT composite [message #934899 is a reply to message #934666] Sat, 06 October 2012 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
AFAIK (from observations), that is a "limitation" (or maybe a feature) of WindowBuilder and not related to XWT. That is even not possible with normal SWT "composite components" (custom composites) that are dropped into the UI using the palette.
You may want to ask on the WindowBuilder forum for further details.
Re: Can we put one component inside another XWT composite [message #934950 is a reply to message #934899] Sat, 06 October 2012 13:53 Go to previous message
Anil Kumar is currently offline Anil KumarFriend
thanks Erdal,
I have posted my question in WindowsBuilder forum.
Previous Topic:Graduate XWT
Next Topic:How to start E4Application with ApplicationDescriptor.launch?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:26:08 GMT 2024