Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile(Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile)
Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #933882] Fri, 05 October 2012 12:25 Go to next message
shweta nimbalkar is currently offline shweta nimbalkarFriend
hi,
how to create UML Profile for singelton design pattern...can i get steps for creating it in eclipse ecore.
Thnx and regards.
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #934779 is a reply to message #933882] Sat, 06 October 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Ecore does not support profiles so No. UML Profiles are applied to UML
which may then be converted to Ecore.

The GoF patterns book demonstrates that there are many approaches to
patterns.

I suggest you do some research on the web to find the many hundreds of
approaches that have been used.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 05/10/2012 14:25, shweta nimbalkar wrote:
> hi,
> how to create UML Profile for singelton design pattern...can i get
> steps for creating it in eclipse ecore.
> Thnx and regards.
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935569 is a reply to message #934779] Sun, 07 October 2012 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
Thank you for reply.can u help me with which software can help me to create UML profile and mapping of that profile to class diagram so that the generic design pattern that is there in profile can be retrieved and can give information of the design pattern that is being used by the class diagram.
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935580 is a reply to message #934779] Sun, 07 October 2012 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
Thank you for reply.can u help me with which software can help me to create UML profile and mapping of that profile to class diagram so that the generic design pattern that is there in profile can be retrieved and can give information of the design pattern that is being used by the class diagram.
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935586 is a reply to message #934779] Sun, 07 October 2012 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935593 is a reply to message #934779] Sun, 07 October 2012 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935598 is a reply to message #934779] Sun, 07 October 2012 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935604 is a reply to message #934779] Sun, 07 October 2012 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi,
Re: Singelton Design Pattern using UML Profile [message #935795 is a reply to message #935569] Sun, 07 October 2012 10:21 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Any competent UML diagram tool should support profiles; within Eclipse
you can use Papyrus.

At the Java level you can study the MDT/UML2 Introduction to Profile
example.

Please use Google; my name is not Google.

Regards

Ed Willink

On 07/10/2012 06:24, shweta nimbalkar wrote:
> hi,
> Thank you for reply.can u help me with which software can help me
> to create UML profile and mapping of that profile to class diagram so
> that the generic design pattern that is there in profile can be
> retrieved and can give information of the design pattern that is being
> used by the class diagram.
Previous Topic:Design Pattern retrieval using Uml Profile
Next Topic:setValue() of a stereotype attribute of custom type
Goto Forum: