Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » BridgeServlet: is not available.
BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #933783] Fri, 05 October 2012 10:39 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

when I deploy my application (named "connect") to Tomcat I get a HTTP 404 error as soon as I try to contact my app (see below).

From within the same development environment (Scout Juno) I deploy more applications to the same Tomcat instance. Only this application will not work.

I cannot find any difference in configuration between the applications and cannot find any error info on the tomcat server what is causing this problem.

Regards Bertin

HTTP Status 404 - BridgeServlet: /connect
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type Status report
message BridgeServlet: /connect
description The requested resource (BridgeServlet: /connect) is not available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/7.0.23
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #937790 is a reply to message #933783] Tue, 09 October 2012 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I did nit find a solution for the problem. I created a new workspace, started a new Scout project (same name), and recreated all forms, services etc.

Now it works without any problem.

Regards Bertin
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #938660 is a reply to message #937790] Wed, 10 October 2012 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sebastian Boccardi is currently offline Sebastian BoccardiFriend
Im having the same problem, but recreating everything didn't solve it. Is there some log of the export i can look? logs at tomcat don't show much.....

Any help or crazy idea will be appreciated, i've been 8 hours with this and no luck. Maybe there is a way to export the project without using the SDK?

thanks
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #938984 is a reply to message #938660] Wed, 10 October 2012 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I don't think the problem is in the Scout SDK. We had the same problem with a RAP application once. We worked through all the log files in tomcat but there was no logging that was helpfull. I also compared the created war file (with correct working applications) but could not find any difference.

When we recreated the application, I just started with a new Scout project and tested if that could be deployed. Only after that worked we proceeded with copying our code. We did not copy any plugin.xml or product file, just the code for the form and processes.

We suspect when the workspace / project is created some error was introduced then.

Regards Bertin
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #939612 is a reply to message #938984] Wed, 10 October 2012 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i recreated everything and pasted the code, now it works. Hope it stays working.....
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #940507 is a reply to message #939612] Thu, 11 October 2012 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it stoped working again... i dont know what i did to break it... if i can reproduce it i will post it. This is a serious set back....

[Updated on: Fri, 12 October 2012 00:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #956395 is a reply to message #940507] Wed, 24 October 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'm still having problems with the deploy of scout projects on Tomcat. Something happens and after that the WAR deployed does not work. The Tomcat doesn´t log any error. But if you go to the URL of the server tomcat gives you a message of resource not available.

I added a JDBC fragment project to use MYSQL and EclipseLink (its the only way i found to use EclipseLink without problems). In Eclipse it works all right, but the WAR exported and deployed on Tomcat fails. I think is the only strange thing i do.

I´m not an expert with bundles, fragments, plugins, etc etc in the Eclipse world so i don´t really know where to look for possible problems.

I'm at the point of deciding not to use scout for now, and wait for new version so if any kind soul has any hint i would appreciate it.

Sebastian
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #956428 is a reply to message #956395] Wed, 24 October 2012 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Check the validity of your {{your_project}}.server/products/production/{{project}}-server.product

See my message in this thread for a screenshot (with the location of the validate button).

If a plugin is missing, when you click on validate it will be listed. You should add it to the list.

If you get "No problem were detected", indicate it in the forum: this will tell that the error is where else.

----

The plugins included when you start the server from Eclipse are defined in the dev product file. The plugins that are included in the war are defined in the production product file.

There is a difference, because when you start from eclipse you run a server with Jetty. When you export a war, you do not need Jetty, because you will deploy in a container (like Tomcat).

[Updated on: Wed, 24 October 2012 13:57]

Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #956980 is a reply to message #956428] Wed, 24 October 2012 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got the "No problem were detected".
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #958615 is a reply to message #956980] Fri, 26 October 2012 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you want to debug it further:

Check that the War seems correct:
* {{The exported war}}/WEB-INF/eclipse/configuration/config.ini (your shoud have something that match the config.ini in your workspace: {{your_project}}.server/products/production/config.ini -- If you keep your config ini simple the error is more likely not here)

* {{The exported war}}/WEB-INF/eclipse/plugins directory (you should have the list of all plugin used by your server application).

At runtime, check the log of your application. Depending on how you configured it, it might be in the logs of your tomcat.
In my case: apache-tomcat-6.0.35/logs/catalina.out
!SESSION 2012-01-27 18:16:32.229 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_26
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=fr_FR

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-10-25 18:16:32.302
!MESSAGE 
!STACK 0

If you have OSGi runtime resolving problems, they will appear there.
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #960934 is a reply to message #958615] Sat, 27 October 2012 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
config file and plugin directory are fine. There is no log message anywhere, except the tomcat message about the deployment of the application.war

I can see the application in the tomcat manager but nothing else, still the same error, i tried with tomcat 6 and 7.

Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #961439 is a reply to message #960934] Sun, 28 October 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I asked around last week on EclipseCon and got two hints. I don't know if they work but you can give it a try

1: Check if you have a server.jar in your war file. It should NOT be there.
2: Turn on the OSGI console by adding -console parameter and check the output of the console This does not solve it but might give you more info.
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #962892 is a reply to message #961439] Mon, 29 October 2012 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
server.jar is not present, i tried with the console paremeter. Is this a web.xml paremeter? i didn´t got any log output different without it.

finest logging in tomcat did not produce anything of use (at least to me). Maybe i can upload the WAR somewhere if someone is interested in the case.

i want to thank everyone who has read and replied to the post.... im not giving up yet!

Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #963124 is a reply to message #962892] Mon, 29 October 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I am interessted in looking at your war file. How can I get it? Can you put it somewhere and send me the link?

I imagine you have tried to contact the URL of your server application in a webbrowser:
http://{{url_of_your_tomcat}}:{{port_of_tomcat}}/{{name_of_your_deployment}}/process

name_of_your_deployment: war file name without the ".war" extension.

Do you see any error (Scout/OSGi/Tomcat ??) Is a stacktrace visible?

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2012 15:42]

Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #963149 is a reply to message #963124] Mon, 29 October 2012 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will paste the dropbox link when it finishes.

Yes im trying to access either with a client or with that url directly in the browser.

there´s not a single ERROR message in the log
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #963187 is a reply to message #963149] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the war:

i cant paste a link outside eclipse.org i will try to rephrase it

www.dropbox.com

s

w8pez1wknm0f60v

DeliBest.war

slashes missing....

good luck

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2012 18:06]

Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #963195 is a reply to message #933783] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I could try to explain about the console but the next link points you to a much better explanation.

http://www.vogella.com/articles/OSGi/article.html#osgiconsole
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #963935 is a reply to message #963187] Tue, 30 October 2012 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your server Jar. I will try to look into it.
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #964444 is a reply to message #933783] Tue, 30 October 2012 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Villiger is currently offline Matthias VilligerFriend
Hi Sebastian,

Try removing the 'org.eclipse.equinox.servletbridge.extensionbundle' from your server products. Or is there any reasons why you need that?
The products should still be valid (ensure by pressing the validate button on the top right corner of the product editor).

After that re-export the WAR and deploy it to Tomcat. It may also be a good idea to delete the '<tomcat_root>/work' directory and the old webapp first.

Does this solve your issue?
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #964451 is a reply to message #933783] Tue, 30 October 2012 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, sorry, one more hint:

Ensure that the absolute path to the tomcat root directory does not contain any spaces (so don't use folder e.g. below 'Program Files').
This is because of bug 370547.

regards,
matthias
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #965006 is a reply to message #964444] Wed, 31 October 2012 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK!!!! that did it... removing the extension bundle.... thank you very much.... i also need to delete the work directory for the application.
Re: BridgeServlet: is not available. [message #965733 is a reply to message #933783] Wed, 31 October 2012 13:15 Go to previous message
You're very welcome Smile

I am happy that it works now!

regards,
matthias
Previous Topic:Cookie Support in BrowserField
Next Topic:New Keyboard shortcut
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:03:04 GMT 2024