Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT Viewer page Navigation. (I need to get some information regarding BIRT Viewer Navigation.)
BIRT Viewer page Navigation. [message #933705] Fri, 05 October 2012 09:03 Go to next message
Vijay Patel is currently offline Vijay PatelFriend
Hi Friends,

I need some help on the following.
I am using BIRT run-time Engine 3.7, here the functionality of BIRT Viewer is something like, first it loads all the pages and then it display the navigation buttons and output.

My requirement is when user submit the report it should load the first page only and display first page, and based on user input like next, previous, or particular page number it should load that page only and display the same. Customer don't want to use memory to be use for loading all the pages.

Please give me your valuable suggestion on how to achieve the above functionality.
Re: BIRT Viewer page Navigation. [message #934065 is a reply to message #933705] Fri, 05 October 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wirzbicki is currently offline Michael WirzbickiFriend
A thought would be to limit the amount of data being returned to generate 1 page only based on a user parameter. You might want this to be a "page" parameter which would default to 1 initially. If the user like what they see they would regenerate the report with more pages by increasing the page parameter.

Just my 2 cent worth...
Re: BIRT Viewer page Navigation. [message #936884 is a reply to message #934065] Mon, 08 October 2012 12:49 Go to previous message
Vijay Patel is currently offline Vijay PatelFriend
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I don't want to regenerate the report, what I want is when you execute report it should display number of pages based on the page break value, but instead of loading all the records in to memory it should load only the first page. and if I select 5th page then it should load 5th page data.

waiting for some suggestions....
Previous Topic:[chart] with multiple categories (on x)
Next Topic:Report Design Option Missing From Eclipse 3.7.1 Preferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:23:30 GMT 2024