Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » check fails - Actual value returned is wrong(ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec returns wrong Actual value)
check fails - Actual value returned is wrong [message #933629] Fri, 05 October 2012 07:27 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
using ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec to check a value returned in a row of a table

The GUI displays a value 'Line Test Line addition' in the cell to be checked.

This is the value of TEXT to be checked by ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec. So the test should pass and it functions on other tests, but for some reason it returns an error with this test case. The Check Failed and the Actual Value is a value of another row in the table and not value displaying in the GUI.
Re: check fails - Actual value returned is wrong [message #938949 is a reply to message #933629] Wed, 10 October 2012 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Eric,

I think I need some information to help you.
It would be helpful to know how you use the Cell Spec (INDEX or TEXTPATH), the parameters you use and which row has been selected.

Possible reasons for your problem:
1. Jubula tables start with the row count 1 not 0 (0 is for the header)
2. You have a customized table model or use a framework that the table model in a strange way
3. Your table is a customized panel containing other components or tables in addition to the table you use. You can use the object mapping green overlay to detect this.
Re: check fails - Actual value returned is wrong [message #940126 is a reply to message #938949] Thu, 11 October 2012 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
In one case, I use ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec after ub_grc_clickLeft_single which in this case is a search. ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec is called on a table with the parameters TEXT which is the expected value to be found in the cell, ROW, ROW_OPERATOR, COLUMN, and COLUMN_OPERATOR. ROW is set to 1, COLUMN is set to 3, ROW_OPERATOR is set to equals, COLUMN_OPERATOR is set to equals. The GUI displays just one row in the table, the row returned from the search. The displayed row in the GUI is the correct row.

I don't think the problem is because of 1. (Jubula tables start with the row count 1 not 0 (0 is for the header)) because there is only one row returned. Also what is reported as Actual Value is the value of a row that isn't even displayed.

2. You have a customized table model or use a framework that the table model in a strange way . . . hmmmm as far as I know the table model is not customized. The table is being used in similar way on all the panels. ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec works on other tables in other panels. It only doesn't work on certain tests.

3. Your table is a customized panel containing other components or tables in addition to the table you use. You can use the object mapping green overlay to detect this. . . . the table is not customized as far as I know. How would the object mapping green overlay detect this - what would it display differently?

[Updated on: Thu, 11 October 2012 10:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: check fails - Actual value returned is wrong [message #946684 is a reply to message #940126] Tue, 16 October 2012 11:59 Go to previous message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Eric,

That's the way I understand your request, correct me if i am wrong:

Your AUT uses Swing (?) and use ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec(TEXT: expected value,ROW:1,equals, COLUMN: 1,equals)
The result you get is a value of the correct column(?), but of a row that is not available within this search, but by another search.

I think its very strange that Jubula finds a value that is not available in the table.

My first guess (only if you use swing):
If the returned value is not in the table in any row I think you use a customized TextCellRenderer for this table. If this is the reason take a look here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=351926

Otherwise I would guess, that your search is some kind of filter and that the expected value is at the first position in the non-filtered view.
I would guess that the table model has a custom implementation to hide this rows in the GUI. This would be for point 2.

For 3: If you do object mapping, you collect components in your AUT. When you are hovering over a component that Jubula can detect you see a green square. If you use this on your table and the square doesn't cover your table completely, your table component is build by different components.

Regards,
Felix
Previous Topic:Need Mouse Down and Up Action
Next Topic:Regular Expressions to matches string 123 - 125
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:21:19 GMT 2024