Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » [SOLVED] Troubleshooting Content Assist
[SOLVED] Troubleshooting Content Assist [message #933045] Thu, 04 October 2012 17:28 Go to next message
Chris Stankevitz is currently offline Chris StankevitzFriend
Hello,

Can someone please:

1. Tell me a way to get the indexer's "content assist" to work in all situations at all times with all configurations?

or

2. Tell me how I can systematically determine why "content assist" does not offer assistance for a particular case?

or

3. Tell me some random crap to try that may or may not help my situation.

I believe (1) is impossible so I'm hoping to get some kind of (2) response like "turn on a console option that will cause the indexer explain why things are not found or if they are being squelched, etc". "Content assist" used to be very helpful but it is now not working well.

I'd prefer to not go with option (3).

Thank you!

Chris

PS: My Eclipse 3.8 projects are being created by cmake 2.8.9

[Updated on: Thu, 04 October 2012 17:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Troubleshooting Content Assist [message #933064 is a reply to message #933045] Thu, 04 October 2012 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A followup for a (3) type strategy...

CDT does a great job of giving me red error messages when I type something naughty. This tells me the indexer is working fine. I'm just not getting content-assist. Content-assist settings attached.

index.php/fa/11739/0/
Re: Troubleshooting Content Assist [message #933069 is a reply to message #933064] Thu, 04 October 2012 17:51 Go to previous message
Solved the problem by trying random crap until it worked. This page has a great list of random crap to try:
http://www.developer.com/ws/android/development-tools/mastering-eclipse-content-assist-for-android.html

The specific advice that worked was adding "-clean" to the beginning of my eclipse.ini file.
Previous Topic:Adding/removing files from working sets
Next Topic:emf4cpp installation guide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:19:48 GMT 2024