Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » IPageLayout getViewLayout return null on e4
IPageLayout getViewLayout return null on e4 [message #932908] Thu, 04 October 2012 15:02 Go to next message
Raffaele Gambelli is currently offline Raffaele GambelliFriend
Hi all,

I've tried to build my rcp on e4, I come from 3.7 where my rcp works fine, I had following error:

NullPointer on layout.getViewLayout(PlayersRegistryView.ID).setCloseable(false); inside public void createInitialLayout(IPageLayout layout) { of IperspectiveFactory

All my perspectives have similar code and all throw NullPointer, that is no one of my views get recognized trhough its id as I did before.

What's happende? Migration guide doesn't tell nothing about this context.

Thanks in advance, best regards
Re: IPageLayout getViewLayout return null on e4 [message #933275 is a reply to message #932908] Thu, 04 October 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Raffaele,

Please describe the steps you did. Did you create an Application.e4xmi file?

Best regards,

Wim
Re: IPageLayout getViewLayout return null on e4 [message #953803 is a reply to message #933275] Mon, 22 October 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raffaele Gambelli is currently offline Raffaele GambelliFriend
Hi,

No I didn't!
I believe that for you should be obvious but for me not. Where is the documentation? I mean a clear and short introduction, tutorial, call it how do you prefer, about new 4.2 API and RCP developing.

Could you point me to some resource? I believe that I will do rewrite my rcp...

Bye

Re: IPageLayout getViewLayout return null on e4 [message #954761 is a reply to message #953803] Tue, 23 October 2012 08:18 Go to previous message
Xiuang Lee is currently offline Xiuang LeeFriend
This is the most complete tutorial I've found about e4: www.vogella.com /articles/EclipseRCP/article.html (can't post links)
Previous Topic:Add ejb client classes to rcp product build by maven
Next Topic:RCP application,product directory for files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:05 GMT 2024