Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » resizing of graphical layout(question about how to dock and size graphical layout in Eclipse)
resizing of graphical layout [message #932006] Wed, 03 October 2012 18:40 Go to next message
Shawn Berry is currently offline Shawn BerryFriend

I just updated Eclipse Indigo to 3.7.2 and, as trivial as it sounds, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to maximize the graphical layout of the screen I am designing in my activity_main. Same for the other window (activity_main.xml.) I've attached two screenshots (sorry - I was using Snipping Tool and not fond of the annotation thingy that comes with it.)

index.php/fa/11710/0/
index.php/fa/11711/0/

Where do I assign the settings so the graphical layout isn't just showing a small fraction of my design and having to scroll all day long? Thanks!

Re: resizing of graphical layout [message #932109 is a reply to message #932006] Wed, 03 October 2012 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 10/3/2012 12:40 PM, Shawn Berry wrote:
> I just updated Eclipse Indigo to 3.7.2 and, as trivial as it sounds,
> [snip]

This isn't an Android programming forum.

Android programming isn't supported by Eclipse forums, but by Android
forums. See sticky posts at top of this forum for details. I would
suggest the formal Android source and/or one of those at this link:

http://www.javahotchocolate.com/tutorials/android.html#support
Re: resizing of graphical layout [message #989617 is a reply to message #932006] Thu, 06 December 2012 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Goldsmith is currently offline Joel GoldsmithFriend
Shawn - I am having the same issue. Did you find an answer to this?
Thanks.
Joel
Re: resizing of graphical layout [message #989785 is a reply to message #989617] Fri, 07 December 2012 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shawn Berry is currently offline Shawn BerryFriend
Hi there, not sure why Eclipse was giving me the gears earlier but the problem seems to have resolved itself and I'm not sure why. I think it had something to do with the update I did with Eclipse and the next new project I made, everything was back to normal.
Re: resizing of graphical layout [message #990054 is a reply to message #989785] Mon, 10 December 2012 16:42 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
It isn't Eclipse giving you the problem. It is the Android development tools. Google develops and provides these tools. You need to ask them why this happens.
Previous Topic:Eclipse custom view fades out when switched to another view and returned to the old view.
Next Topic:"Unknown Source" while using Java to debug and "Stop at main" not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:49:10 GMT 2024