Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Action Error: Point to click is outside of component(Why does this happen?)
Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #930969] Tue, 02 October 2012 20:11 Go to next message
Oscar Trejo-Soria is currently offline Oscar Trejo-SoriaFriend
Hi,

I am using select ContextMenu entry by textpath Test Case on Linux Jubula Standalone, and I have the following error:

Error Description Point to click is outside of component

I was wondering why could the reason be for this error? What I am assuming is that the component I am about to select is not reachable, but I am not sure why this happens since I work with Jubula across different platforms, and I only see this happened on my Linux Machine.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar Trejo

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2012 20:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #946645 is a reply to message #930969] Tue, 16 October 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Can you give more details about your environment (platform version and type), the component you are opening the menu on, whether any selections from this menu or this component are successful, how many levels the context menu has, what toolkit your AUT uses etc. That may help to narrow down the problem.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #947127 is a reply to message #946645] Tue, 16 October 2012 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 testing a rcp application. I am using the context menu of a tree node that goes three levels. It opens the context menu, but it does not finish the action since the execution finishes with "Error Description Point to click is outside of component". It seems that this action on both Windows and Mac works fine for me, but whenever I use Ubuntu I get this error.

Thanks,

Oscar
Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #1008093 is a reply to message #947127] Fri, 08 February 2013 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Martin is currently offline Victor MartinFriend
Oscar, I'm seeing something very similar and I was wondering whether you ever found a solution to your problem. In my case, I'm simply trying to select an item from a tree (the Variables View). The first few items can be selected, but items that are not visible report this error, even if I scroll down and make them visible. I also see it only on Linux machines as you do (Ubuntu 12.04) and item selections works perfectly using Windows 7 or XP clients.

Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #1008095 is a reply to message #1008093] Fri, 08 February 2013 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The workaround that I used was not very efficient (I also did not like it), but it worked and was the only way I had. I first select the item with the test case "left click", then "right click", and then use "action keys" (Up,left,right,down") until the destination is reached. Finally you simply press enter.
Like I said, I did not like that workaround because it was very slow! I am assuming you are trying to access a context menu option to open another window. If that is the case, before I actually you try my workaround. Try to see if you test application has a shortcut (meaning either by pressing a combination of keys or access it from other place) because that would be easier and faster. In my case, the software I was testing did not have such shortcut so I had to use my workaround.

Hope this helps,

Oscar Trejo
Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #1008315 is a reply to message #1008095] Mon, 11 February 2013 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Victor Martin is currently offline Victor MartinFriend
Thanks Oscar. My problem is different, and it has to do with selecting the tree item itself and not the context menu. I see you can select the item and then invoke the context menu. I do get the exact same error message and I thought you could help.

Thanks anyway...
-Victor
Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #1016253 is a reply to message #1008315] Tue, 05 March 2013 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hi Peoples,
I am facing a similar problem in Windows 7 with Jubula 1.3.0
I use Select node by Indexpath to have a tree node selected and I have tried a lot of indexpaths. A few are here:
0/1 Action Error Tree Node not found
1/1 Action Error Point to click is outside of component
2/1 Action Error Tree Node not found
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Jurjen
Re: Action Error: Point to click is outside of component [message #1016680 is a reply to message #1016253] Thu, 07 March 2013 10:52 Go to previous message
Jurjen Hofstra is currently offline Jurjen HofstraFriend
Hi Peoples,
I already solved my problem with an action 'left click' in the tree and the action 'keys page' up and 'down'. So I have reached the same as the action Select Node by Indexpath. It works fine for me.
Thanks anyway!
Jurjen
Previous Topic:Jubla Support For 3rd party Swing Api
Next Topic:How to delete the test cases which moved to external project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:36:17 GMT 2024