Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » EGL test program part encounters error during "JNDI lookup"
EGL test program part encounters error during "JNDI lookup" [message #930962] Tue, 02 October 2012 20:04
Jeffrey Gardner is currently offline Jeffrey GardnerFriend
Problem: Running an EGL test program in the workbench using "Run As/ EGL Java Main Application" produces an error "An Exception occurred while performing a JNDI lookup..." (the complete error message is in the attached txt file.

Background:
I'm working through Joe Pluta's article:

EDT Breaks Down Obstacles
EGL Development Tooling Breaks Down Obstacles
March 2012 | by Joe Pluta
at
www.ibmsystemsmag.com/ibmi/developer/general/egl_development_tooling/

I can make it to the end of the article and the project works (even though I made modifications to his code along the way to access the qiws/qcustcdt file on my iSeries). It connects correctly to my iSeries and retrieves the specified record from the file.

The problem is part way through when he has me set up a test program to test out the database server and library functions. It seems that running the program does not take advantage of the Resource Binding I configured in the egldd.

I did not use a connection profile, rather I used the "Specify connection information" (to allow me to use system naming and library list access).

Any ideas why the project runs fine from the Preview tab and in debug from an external browser but fails when the EGL program is run?

Is there another configuration setting to make programs access the connection resource bindings?
Previous Topic:HTTP Request
Next Topic:Extending the RUI widget set II
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:03:33 GMT 2024