Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Migrating LTK/JDT related plugins from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.8(Need changed API details for org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.base)
Migrating LTK/JDT related plugins from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.8 [message #930894] Tue, 02 October 2012 18:44 Go to next message
Asha Ramegowda is currently offline Asha RamegowdaFriend
Hi,

I need to migrate an Eclipse Platform built on Eclipse 3.3 to 3.8. The Platform uses the LTK/JDT internal refactoring APIs.

One of the classes, org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring.base.JDTChange from 3.3 seems to have been removed/moved to other package.

I see the similar class at org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.internal.corext.refactoring.base.JDTChange

Kindly let me know whether old APIs were refactored and migrated to the above package?

Or is there any other package which is still under the same API?

It would be great if someone can point me to a detailed list of API changes for migration specific to LTK/JDT.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Migrating LTK/JDT related plugins from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.8 [message #930917 is a reply to message #930894] Tue, 02 October 2012 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I realize, both classes extend the same abstract class, so this should be the correct API to migrate. But still, would like to know if someone has more information on this as the new class is under wst.jsdt.

Thanks.
Re: Migrating LTK/JDT related plugins from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.8 [message #932306 is a reply to message #930917] Thu, 04 October 2012 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
My guess is that the wst.jsdt class is just a stale copy from the original, intended only for JavaScript, not Java.
I personally don't know about the evolution of this internal "API", but have you tried identifying the commit in git that (re)moved this class?
Here's a perfect starting point:
https://git.eclipse.org/c/jdt/eclipse.jdt.ui.git/log/org.eclipse.jdt.ui/core%20refactoring/org/eclipse/jdt/internal/corext/refactoring/base/JDTChange.java?h=R3_4_maintenance
Smile
Stephan
Re: Migrating LTK/JDT related plugins from Eclipse 3.3 to 3.8 [message #932495 is a reply to message #932306] Thu, 04 October 2012 06:36 Go to previous message
Hi Stephan,

That's great Smile! That's exactly what I wanted! Thank you very much.
Previous Topic:Problem with using Eclipse Marketplace under Windows 7
Next Topic:Programmatically folding of methods
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:08:40 GMT 2024