Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Data Grid Behaviors Broken
Data Grid Behaviors Broken [message #930777] Tue, 02 October 2012 16:31 Go to next message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend
I mentioned this in another thread after a discussion of DataGrid not working unless/until you connect to another workspace. This is a different issue though so I am going to give it a topic unto itself. Looking for some confirmation that this is really a problem...

I get an error in the IDE when I try to create a behavior function. Below is a simple case, using the tooling to create the grid and generate the stub behavior function:

grid DataGrid{
		behaviors = [ format ],
		headerBehaviors = [ ],
		columns = [
			new DataGridColumn{name = "field1", displayName = "Column 1 Header", width=120},
			new DataGridColumn{name = "field2", displayName = "Column 2 Header", width=120}
		],
		data = [
			new Dictionary { field1 = "Row 1, Column 1", field2 = "Row 1, Column 2"},
			new Dictionary { field1 = "Row 2, Column 1", field2 = "Row 2, Column 2"}
		]
	};

function format(grid DataGrid in, cell Widget in, rowData any in, dataIndex int in, column DataGridColumn in) 
    	//Auto-generated method stub
     end

Error:
IWN.VAL.6653.e 18/15 testrui - DataCellBehavior[] and format[] are not compatible types in the
expression behaviors = [format]. At line 18 in file \TestRUI\EGLSource\client\TestRUI.egl

If someone can confirm that it is an issue and not just something I am doing wrong I will happily submit the bug report.

--Dan

[Updated on: Tue, 02 October 2012 16:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Data Grid Behaviors Broken [message #930918 is a reply to message #930777] Tue, 02 October 2012 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Harmon is currently offline Paul HarmonFriend
Hi Dan,

It looks like the definition of function format is slightly wrong. The third parm needs to have a null indicator after they type. Try changing the definition to the following:

function format(grid DataGrid in, cell Widget in, rowData any? in, dataIndex int in, column DataGridColumn in)
//Auto-generated method stub
end

Paul
Re: Data Grid Behaviors Broken [message #932991 is a reply to message #930918] Thu, 04 October 2012 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! I will give that a try.

--Dan
Re: Data Grid Behaviors Broken [message #941603 is a reply to message #932991] Fri, 12 October 2012 17:44 Go to previous message
Working fine with that adjustment to the function definition.

Do you need a bug report so that the Quick Fix creation of the function can be corrected?

--Dan
Previous Topic:EGL calling Java
Next Topic:Jetty repository not found during Check for Updates on EDT 0.8.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:27:48 GMT 2024