Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Is there a way to disable the red squigglies?(Latest Indexer can't find <stdint.h> types - can it be disabled?)
Is there a way to disable the red squigglies? [message #930011] Tue, 02 October 2012 00:31 Go to next message
Charles Tubbs is currently offline Charles TubbsFriend
I had problems with the indexer in the past. The latest update has regressed to the point where it cannot find <stdint.h>. In my code this means that I get a supposed compile error on every integer in the system, resulting in THOUSANDS of error messages, affecting EVERY SINGLE SOURCE FILE in my system. Is there a way to shut these helpful reminders off so that I can rely on what the COMPILER thinks of as a syntax error?
Re: Is there a way to disable the red squigglies? [message #930076 is a reply to message #930011] Tue, 02 October 2012 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Bruniges is currently offline Chris BrunigesFriend
Right click your project, properties, c/c++ general, code analysis, launching. There's two checks there, uncheck both of them. You'll need to delete any 'bugs' that have been previously picked up, but this will (should?) stop them reoccurring. This gets rid of some.

Otherwise you could try unchecking some of the options under c/c++ general, Indexer.

Chris
Re: Is there a way to disable the red squigglies? [message #930103 is a reply to message #930076] Tue, 02 October 2012 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot! I had tried turning off the indexer in the workspace preferences before, without result. Your suggestion solved the problem. I look forward to reenabling the feature sometime in the future, when it works.

Thank you
Charles
icon10.gif  Re: Is there a way to disable the red squigglies? [message #933044 is a reply to message #930076] Thu, 04 October 2012 17:27 Go to previous message
The ultimate solution in my case is to keep the code analysis and simply open and close the project file(s). That caused the spurious error messages to disappear, apparently working around a code analysis initialization bug. This retains the invaluable auto-complete functions that makes Eclipse so useful.
Previous Topic:Implement methods - Template
Next Topic:Adding/removing files from working sets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:09:28 GMT 2024