Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Subsystem Service Specification in Equinox?
Subsystem Service Specification in Equinox? [message #929695] Mon, 01 October 2012 17:18 Go to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Hi, I'm reading the new OSGi v5 specification. I got interested in the Subsystem Service Specification with its Requirements and Capabilities.

Would like to know about the equinox implementation for that spec. Is that feature planned for Kepler?

thanks for any info.

regards,

Cristiano
Re: Subsystem Service Specification in Equinox? [message #930567 is a reply to message #929695] Tue, 02 October 2012 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
Hi Cristiano,

The Equinox project has no plans to implement the subsystems specification. The Gemini and Virgo Eclipse projects seem more likely candidates for implementing the Enterprise OSGi specification. I know Virgo has considered implementing it but right now it looks like they have no plans to do so [1].

The only implementation I am aware of at the moment is the one being developed at Apache Aries [2]. The subsystems implementation has not been released yet, but I know they are getting close to doing so.

HTH

Tom

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/930423/#msg_930423
[2] http://aries.apache.org/
Re: Subsystem Service Specification in Equinox? [message #930594 is a reply to message #930567] Tue, 02 October 2012 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cristiano Gavião is currently offline Cristiano GaviãoFriend
Hey Thomas,

thanks for answering.

Well, I thought that Equinox was the main RI of OSGi. Any reason for that no happen ?

it is related to jigsaw have been postponed to java 9?

I could see that Virgo has implemented the DAGS feature but seems that will not implement the rest (https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=358437)

I couldn't find anything related to that in Gemini or Aries sites.

regards,

Cristiano
Re: Subsystem Service Specification in Equinox? [message #930693 is a reply to message #930594] Tue, 02 October 2012 14:47 Go to previous message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
Equinox typically has left the implementation of enterprise related specifications (Web, JPA, Naming, Blueprint etc.) up to the other Eclipse RT projects like Gemini and Virgo. The Equinox project provides a number of RIs to OSGi, but it definitely does not supply ALL of the RIs for every OSGi specification (there are many of them and subsystems is just one of them). I suggest you post a message to the Aries dev or user lists asking for subsystems information. I know they are working on one, but they are better equipped to point you in the right direction.
Previous Topic:How do I update an application without losing customizations in config.ini?
Next Topic:Equinox default timeout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:31:04 GMT 2024