Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Beginner in Jubula!!(How early in Jubula?)
Beginner in Jubula!! [message #929632] Mon, 01 October 2012 16:17 Go to next message
Patricia Haase is currently offline Patricia HaaseFriend
I am a beginner in ECLIPSE and Jubula. I already have installed the tool and would like to know how early tests. The software is all XML development and the idea is to create functional tests in XML. How do I get started in the most simple and easy. Can anyone help me? Attached is my screen in Eclipse Jubula.
Re: Beginner in Jubula!! [message #931510 is a reply to message #929632] Wed, 03 October 2012 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

Well, for starters, Jubula is a GUI testing tool. You can specify functional tests using the GUI of your application. If you want to test your XML handling code you might be better of using something like jUnit or (even better) Jnario.

If, on the other hand, you are developing an (RCP) application which deals with XML files (say an editor) you should start by looking in the tutorials provided by Jubula (menu Help/Cheat Sheets) and find your way around the tool. There are also a few tutorials on the net. Start searching at the Eclipse Jubula web site.

Achim
Re: Beginner in Jubula!! [message #931948 is a reply to message #931510] Wed, 03 October 2012 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello, I actually do not know what the best path. Today the software is not WEB, will further ahead. I've never done functional testing, then the correct view is every possibility that the Jubula offers, correct? The software is XML with a Java interpreter. The idea is to create the XML input data and verify the output, I do not know if this is possible, and if that is the correct way to do it. Attached to put our software screen. I am Brazilian, but the software is German.
Re: Beginner in Jubula!! [message #936897 is a reply to message #931948] Mon, 08 October 2012 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not able to do this step, what exactly I have to do? Can anyone help me?
Re: Beginner in Jubula!! [message #938967 is a reply to message #936897] Wed, 10 October 2012 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Patricia,

you have to open the create test case to add a reference to it via DND.

Regards,
Felix
Re: Beginner in Jubula!! [message #939061 is a reply to message #938967] Wed, 10 October 2012 11:48 Go to previous message
Ixi Felix,

you can attach a picture of how it? I did not!

Thanks
Previous Topic:backing up Jubula
Next Topic:Starting RCP with workspace: autrun.exe and -data option
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:40:36 GMT 2024