Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » specify position of dataEntry in radarchart
specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #929495] Mon, 01 October 2012 14:00 Go to next message
hage Mising name is currently offline hage Mising nameFriend
Hi,

i have a radarchart which always have at least 7 entries (dummy entries are generated, if data contains less than 7 (numbered) entries). is it possible to define the position of the first entry in the dataset? i would like the entry at 0 degrees to be the first one (not one of my dummy entries). Implemented solutions seems to behave like the last data entry of a series is always the one to the left side of the entry at 0 degrees. i would like to switch that.

thx in advance,

hage
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #929696 is a reply to message #929495] Mon, 01 October 2012 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

how are you sorting the data coming in? Look at the attached example. I have the radar chart bound to a hidden table and I set a sort order on the table.

Jason
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #932913 is a reply to message #929696] Thu, 04 October 2012 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx 4 the example Jason,
i allready sort my results in the java class that passes the result to the oda driver. My results look like this:
x.y some chapterheadline

whith x.y being numbers like 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.11, 1.12,... which needs to be sorted the way i enlist them here ( 1.11 > 1.2 ). I wrote my own sorter to solve that, which is realized through an implementation of java.util.Comparator. Is there any possibilty to use that custom sorter instead of the predefined ones you can choose in the table sorting tab / chart data definition tab?
When i use one of the predefined table / chart sorters, (string descending) my dummy (label equals "") entries are sorted behind the real entries with first entry on position at 0 degrees (like i wanted it to), but this leads to 1.2 > 1.11 (and of course it's the wrong way, like 1.9 is enlisted before 1.8 (because it's descending, ascending puts the dummy entries in front, btw, which is absolutely logical but not what i wanted )
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #932995 is a reply to message #932913] Thu, 04 October 2012 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Great question. When you use a sorting expression in BIRT, you can make the expression complex. Look at the sort tab on the attached example. Also note that you can call your own Java sorter from the expression as well:

importPackage(Packages.my.package)
var mySorter = new MySorter()

Just remember the sort expression gets called once for each value to be sorted.
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #937016 is a reply to message #932995] Mon, 08 October 2012 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amazing, it works, but i had to redo the chart before it worked. Strange nls missing resource exception occurs. Reinserting (from scratch) the chart was a solution to that.

thx for your advice jason (as always)

hage
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #937343 is a reply to message #937016] Mon, 08 October 2012 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Glad I could help.

Jason
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #966948 is a reply to message #937343] Thu, 01 November 2012 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i run into a strange issue using the hidden (sorted) table as input for my charts. if i run the runandrendertask only once, everything works fine. running the task more often leads to non rendered charts. enginelogfiles did not report any issues. is this a known behaviour?

hage

(additional: i need to run the task more than to generate a toc)

[Updated on: Thu, 01 November 2012 14:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #973476 is a reply to message #966948] Tue, 06 November 2012 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seems to occur not only with charts. referencing a table from any item leads to non rendered table AND item if engine calls task more than once. anybody?
Re: specify position of dataEntry in radarchart [message #975360 is a reply to message #973476] Wed, 07 November 2012 20:31 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Can you attach a sample database report that has this issue?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Use existing Datasource/Dataset for running QueryDefinition
Next Topic:Page Size ignored when exporting to PDF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:32:56 GMT 2024