Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » JSP Editor Problem..(jsp files opening in Notepad instead of jsp editor...)
JSP Editor Problem.. [message #929302] Mon, 01 October 2012 11:03 Go to next message
Mayank Porwal is currently offline Mayank PorwalFriend
Hi Team,

Since 2 days whenever i am trying to open any jsp files in My Eclipse, its opening in Notepad.
I am using Maven-Eclipse3.3.0 for the development purpose. I also tried to use Open-With, that also din't come to my rescue.

After some googling i checked Window --> Preferences --> General --> Editors --> File Associations i could see *.jsp extension is not listed. I added the same. however in Associated Editors below i could not see any JSP Editors.

Note: Same Eclipse is working in other systems. but not in my mine.

Can anybody help me to get the solution for the same.

Note sure if it is an issue with System or Eclipse.

Thanks in Advance.

Mayank Porwal
Re: JSP Editor Problem.. [message #929826 is a reply to message #929302] Mon, 01 October 2012 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Not sure what "Maven-Eclipse3.3.0" is, but you're certain you have a JSP Editor installed? Can you give any/more details about your installation?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: JSP Editor Problem.. [message #930221 is a reply to message #929826] Tue, 02 October 2012 05:48 Go to previous message
Mayank Porwal is currently offline Mayank PorwalFriend
Hi Nitin,

Thanks for ur reply. Maven Eclipse is also same as normal eclipse with some additional maven facilities. Any project having pom.xml file is a maven project. Its lil bit easier to use.
If i am right, jsp editor is inherent to eclipse.. right???
or we have to separately install it and then add with Eclipse using preferences option???

nd nywayz it was till 2 dayz back... only yesterday it was nt der....
however the same version of eclipse when used on other system is working absolutely fine...

So is it like due to some automatic windows update some things got corrupted or something else.. not sure??

kindly guide me if there is some remedy to the issue.. so that at least we can check why it happened??

Previous Topic:eclipse want start
Next Topic:Ctrl+shift+o not working correctly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:07:55 GMT 2024