Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » New WindowBuilder install doesn't work("DesignerEditor" class not found)
New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #928242] Sun, 30 September 2012 13:18 Go to next message
Eli Mendez is currently offline Eli MendezFriend
I just installed WindowBuilder however nothing works. All of the wizards return "Problem Opening Wizard" errors.

Under details I get things like this:
The selected wizard could not be started.
    Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.swing was unable to load class
   org.eclipse.wb.internal.swing.wizards.frame.NewJFrameWizard.
   org/eclipse/wb/internal/core/wizards/AbstractDesignWizard

If I try to open an existing file in a WindowBuilder Editor I get four errors in the workspace log.

Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DesignerEditorContributor.

Stack trace begins like this:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.wb.core (392).
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:122)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:469)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)

Unable to create editor contributor: org.eclipse.wb.core.guiEditor

No stack trace.

Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DesignerEditor.

Stack trace begins:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DesignerEditor.
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)

Unable to create part

I installed directly from the Juno software source (and when that wasn't working I tried installing from the WindowBuilder source). I'm using Eclipse version 4.2.1, build id M20120914-1800 on Windows 7 64-bit.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #928553 is a reply to message #928242] Sun, 30 September 2012 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Looks like an incomplete installation to me.

I would suggest installing from the WindowBuilder update site to make sure that you have all of the pieces.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #932371 is a reply to message #928553] Thu, 04 October 2012 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eli Mendez is currently offline Eli MendezFriend
I have tried installing from WindowBuilder update site, that's how it's currently installed.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #932410 is a reply to message #932371] Thu, 04 October 2012 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What parts of WindowBuilder do you have installed? All of those erros indicate that it s only partially installed.

I would suggest trying again with a clean workspace and the WindowBuilder update site.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #967058 is a reply to message #932410] Thu, 01 November 2012 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mauricio Reyes is currently offline Mauricio ReyesFriend
I've the same problem when trying to use the new WindowBuilder (WindowBuilder Core 1.5.1.r42x201209161109). I was using 1.2 version in Eclipse 3.7 and after updating the plugin seems to fail the activation.

I've updated from update site and also tried to open a new workspace, I think is failing some dependency, and seems to be something of Guava (com.google.common.collect.Maps) which I already have installed.

Any hint to solve this problem?

Regards
Mauricio

eclipse.buildId=M20110909-1335
java.version=1.7.0_07
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_ES
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product -data C:\mauri\windowBuilderPrueba -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

Error
Thu Nov 01 10:53:49 UYST 2012
Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.Activator for bundle com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer is invalid".

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.Activator for bundle com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.start(InternalPlatform.java:923)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.getPlugin(PluginDescriptor.java:340)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.getPluginForCompatibility(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$63.run(Workbench.java:2465)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/wb/internal/core/BundleResourceProvider
	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.Activator.<clinit>(Activator.java:134)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:166)
	... 15 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.wb.core (1722).
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:122)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:216)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:473)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	... 23 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.DesignerPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.wb.core is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:171)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:679)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:381)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	... 32 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Maps
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.BundleResourceProvider.<clinit>(BundleResourceProvider.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.DesignerPlugin.<clinit>(DesignerPlugin.java:408)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadBundleActivator(AbstractBundle.java:166)
	... 38 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.Maps
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:429)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:417)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
	... 47 more
Root exception:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/wb/internal/core/BundleResourceProvider
	at com.google.gdt.eclipse.designer.Activator.<clinit>(Activator.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.start(InternalPlatform.java:923)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.doPluginActivation(PluginDescriptor.java:360)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor.getPlugin(PluginDescriptor.java:340)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.getPluginForCompatibility(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EarlyStartupRunnable.run(EarlyStartupRunnable.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$63.run(Workbench.java:2465)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter$TerminatingClassNotFoundException: An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.wb.core (1722).
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:462)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.SingleSourcePackage.loadClass(SingleSourcePackage.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:473)
	... 23 more
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.DesignerPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.wb.core is invalid
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.util.SecureAction.start(SecureAction.java:440)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.setLazyTrigger(BundleLoader.java:268)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseLazyStarter.postFindLocalClass(EclipseLazyStarter.java:107)
	... 32 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/common/collect/Maps
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.BundleResourceProvider.<clinit>(BundleResourceProvider.java:48)
	at org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.DesignerPlugin.<clinit>(DesignerPlugin.java:408)
	... 38 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.common.collect.Maps
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:513)
	... 47 more

Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #967289 is a reply to message #932410] Thu, 01 November 2012 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is definitely an install/update issue. You didn't state which update site you used, but it is critical that you use the one that matches your Eclipse version. You should also avoid trying to update one Eclipse version to the next as it never works. You should always do a clean install of the new Eclipse version and then load the correct versions of any plugins from their respective update sites.

I am concerned right away that you mentioned that you were using Eclipse 3.7 but trying to update to the Eclipse 4.2 version of WB (that is what the "r42" in the version number indicates). There is a WB build for Eclipse 3.7 as there also is for Eclipse 3.8 and 4.2. Update sites for each different build are available on the WB download page.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1016011 is a reply to message #928242] Mon, 04 March 2013 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vikas Bali is currently offline Vikas BaliFriend
Any update on this ? what URL should we use ? I am using eclipse Juno SR2 GA release
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1018018 is a reply to message #928242] Wed, 13 March 2013 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Morgan is currently offline Steve MorganFriend
I have exactly the same problem. Today I installed WindowBuilder for Juno 4.2 (which is what I have) from the Eclipse download site, trying to use it for GWT. Unfortunately this also broke the SwingBuilder which I was using for another project!

Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DesignerEditor.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.eclipse.wb.core.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.editor.multi.DesignerEditor.

Hope I don't have to completely rebuild my system.

Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1018425 is a reply to message #1018018] Wed, 13 March 2013 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WIndowBuilder from the Juno site will be out of date by now.

WB should be loaded from the WB update sites on the WB download page (as stated earlier).

The Google GPE team is also working on an update to GWT Designer that will work with Juno and the latest WB update.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1018901 is a reply to message #1018425] Thu, 14 March 2013 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scott Seidl is currently offline Scott SeidlFriend
Eric Clayberg wrote on Wed, 13 March 2013 16:35

WB should be loaded from the WB update sites on the WB download page (as stated earlier).

Can you please confirm what is the correct update site for WB, as I don't believe I'm finding the correct one?

The links here haven't worked for me: http://www.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/download.php
The page at developers.google.com/java-dev-tools/download-wbpro for WBPro look to be outdated.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1018963 is a reply to message #1018901] Thu, 14 March 2013 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The update site URLs listed in the Eclipse WIndowBuilder download page (which you reference) are the correct ones to use. They are all working fine as far as I can see.

What exactly do you mean by "the links here haven't worked for me"? Note that those are update site URLs and not download links. They should be entered into the Eclipse "Install New Software" dialog.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1019037 is a reply to message #1018963] Thu, 14 March 2013 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've used them in Eclipse install new software pages (under the help menu) and it appears to download and install correctly, but when I try to open a class with Window Builder I get the errors mentioned above.

I have attempted the following without it working:

• delete eclipse, unzip old eclipse zip, install wb
  • same as above, but starting with a new workspace and re-checkout from svn
  • same as above, but with a new eclipse download

I will try again and post steps/screenshots.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1019053 is a reply to message #1019037] Fri, 15 March 2013 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may be onto something here...

When I try to use the 'eclipse-rcp-juno-SR2-win32.zip' downloaded file I the following error when I try to use the 'Create Visual Class' Button, but I don't get that error when using the SR1 file that I downloaded in January.

Plug-in "org.eclipse.wb.core.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.wizards.actions.NewDesignerTypeDropDownAction".
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:632)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:614)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:568)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:492)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:465)

I will try adding WB and see what happens.
Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1019076 is a reply to message #1019053] Fri, 15 March 2013 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So, I installed WB from http://download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/WB/release/R201209281200/4.2/ (via the Install Software, Help Menu). Now I get the following error when trying to create a new Visual Class:
Could not create action delegate for id: org.eclipse.wb.core.wizards.actions.NewDesignerTypeDropDownAction
and
Plug-in "org.eclipse.wb.core.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.wb.internal.core.wizards.actions.NewDesignerTypeDropDownAction".

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)

in case it helps: Session Data:
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.rcp.product
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.rcp.product

Here is what I currently have installed:
index.php/fa/13869/0/

Any ideas on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated.
index.php/fa/13870/0/

[Updated on: Fri, 15 March 2013 01:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New WindowBuilder install doesn't work [message #1019084 is a reply to message #1019076] Fri, 15 March 2013 02:15 Go to previous message
The "java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file" error typically means that your Java version is old. Or older (by major version number) than the one used to compile the .class file. This often happens if you are trying to use JDK 5 to run code compiled with JDK 6 or use JDK 6 to run code compiled with JDK 7.

What JDK are you using to run Eclipse? Installing a newer JDK and ensuring that Eclipse uses it will likely solve that problem.
Previous Topic:gwt designer doesn't work with gwt 2.5
Next Topic:Cannot install WindowBuilder Pro
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:56:42 GMT 2024