Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » testing a new version of a class(Method for testing a new version of a class without changing the current version of the class. )
testing a new version of a class [message #926754] Sat, 29 September 2012 00:00
Richard Mittleman is currently offline Richard MittlemanFriend
Because our version control is not up yet I a trying to come up with an interim method of having both a current version and a new version of a class This is what I have come up with so far but I am sure there is a better way using Eclipse.

I have a Project named ProjectA .
ProjectA contains 3 packages: mainPackage, subordinatePackage, and newVersionPackage.

The package mainPackage contains the main class named mainClass which calls the named class ClassA.

The package subordinatePackage contains the current version of the class ClassA.

The package newVersionPackage contains the new version of the class ClassA.

If I want to execute the project using the current version of the class ClassA I just run the project ProjectA

If I want to execute the project using the new version of the class ClassA I go into the mainClass of mainPackage and change the import that points to ClassA to

import newVersionPackage.ClassA;

I then run the project ProjectA

Is there some way that Eclipse could designate the import statement to use? Or is there an easier way to solve the problem?

Thank you,
Richard
Previous Topic:GMF and .ecore
Next Topic:Eclipse crashes on StartUp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:03:33 GMT 2024