Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object Mapper - manually editing the properties of a technical object
Object Mapper - manually editing the properties of a technical object [message #926297] Fri, 28 September 2012 14:01 Go to next message
Thomas Schreckenbach is currently offline Thomas SchreckenbachFriend
A word first.

Jubula is a nice tool that we use intensively to test our web applications.
But - in my opinion a training is a prerequisite for the meaningful use of this tool (e.g. in-house training).

Now to my request...

I agree with the suggestions in the discussion "HTML: Manually specify component id and/or xpath".

Jubula is not yet able to detect a series of objects in complex components. It would be very helpful to have the following options (expert mode):

• Support of HTML IDs, regular expressions / XPath elements. Selenium provides this capability.
  • The ability to edit the properties of a technical object (in the object mapper). Patching the XML Export Files is not what I want.
    The configuration parameter "id attribute name" is not (not flexible) very helpful.

Best regards, Thomas
Re: Object Mapper - manually editing the properties of a technical object [message #938917 is a reply to message #926297] Wed, 10 October 2012 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Thomas,

I think this is an issue you can add as a feature request to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Jubula.

Quote:
But - in my opinion a training is a prerequisite for the meaningful use of this tool (e.g. in-house training).

You can get professional in-house training by the Bredex if you think it will boost your productivity.

Regards,
Felix

Re: Object Mapper - manually editing the properties of a technical object [message #939036 is a reply to message #938917] Wed, 10 October 2012 11:20 Go to previous message
Thomas Schreckenbach is currently offline Thomas SchreckenbachFriend
Hi Felix,

I'll add a feature request.

We got an effective training before we started to use Jubula productive. I think that pays off.

Regards, Thomas
Previous Topic:How to start AUT between the test cases automaticlly
Next Topic:backing up Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:55:59 GMT 2024