Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Integrating JDT and org.eclipse.ant in Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Integrating JDT and org.eclipse.ant in Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers [message #926148] Fri, 28 September 2012 10:45 Go to next message
Michael Wisse is currently offline Michael WisseFriend
Hello,

I am using Eclipse Juno IDE for C/C++ Developers and want to integrate org.eclipse.ant + Java Development Tools, because I dont want to use two versions of eclipse.

First question:
Is org.eclipse.ant part of the JDT or part of an other tool?

Next question:
I can't find a download or a eclipse software site link for ant or for the JDT.
Can someone give me a tip, where to find or how to install both in Juno IDE for C/C++ Developers?

thanks and regards
Michael
Re: Integrating JDT and org.eclipse.ant in Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers [message #928562 is a reply to message #926148] Sun, 30 September 2012 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Have you tried the other way around, that is downloading Eclipse for Java devs and then install the CDT plugin from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/juno ?
Re: Integrating JDT and org.eclipse.ant in Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers [message #1061931 is a reply to message #928562] Tue, 04 June 2013 20:21 Go to previous message
mazal bohbot berrie is currently offline mazal bohbot berrieFriend
@sopot, thank you thank you man, for the missing piece--the correct url! <phew>

to be explicit, the url needs to point from w/in eclipse application. if it helps for anyone in the future, my specific solution for adding the c/c++ IDE to an established eclipse-juno/java build:

1. go to the eclipse menu: help > install new software.
  2. at head of the "Available Software" window, in the "work with" box, type or paste url, http://archive.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/juno/.
  3. find CDT, or c++ packages, and install.

* alternatively *

1. go to the eclipse menu: help > install new software.
  2. click the drop down menu in "work with" box (at head of the "Available Software" window).
  3. choose "--All Available Sites--".
  4. a list of packages will be presented; check off "CDT main feature," and "CDT optional feature" (or what you wish).
  5. let the dialogue boxes guide your install.

in retrospect, it is worth exploring "Eclipse Marketplace," and "Install new Software" items found at the tail end of eclipse help menu. it wasn't intuitive to navigate, or be precise about what i wanted/needed. but now that i'm hip to it, there is a rich and deep supply of packages and support easily installed, and waiting to be discovered! i'm a happy camper, because having more than one base build would be a nightmare (one poster admitted to have more than six!).
Previous Topic:Running some code after initialization
Next Topic:EclipseContextFactory Inject my own classes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:29:48 GMT 2024