Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically(How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically)
How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically [message #924917] Thu, 27 September 2012 08:31 Go to next message
MyungWoon Oh is currently offline MyungWoon OhFriend
Hi.

When I run the Papyrus, the Model Explorer, Outline, Properties view is not activated until I click on an element in the diagram.

index.php/fa/11647/0/

I want to automatically activate those views when I run the Papyrus, because activating takes quite a long time.

Anyone has any clue on this?
Re: How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically [message #924929 is a reply to message #924917] Thu, 27 September 2012 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

For the ModelExplorer and Outline, this is a bug in Papyrus 0.9.X on Eclipse 4.2 (Which has not yet been fixed)

It works as expected on Eclipse 3.8 (e.g. the ModelExplorer contents and the Outline are properly initialized, and the root element is selected, which displays its properties view correctly).

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically [message #924971 is a reply to message #924929] Thu, 27 September 2012 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the quick reply. Smile

Is it already on the bugzilla or can I post it to the bugzilla?

I try to fix this if you let me know where to start.(e.g. what plug-in is related to this issue)
Re: How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically [message #924983 is a reply to message #924971] Thu, 27 September 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
The following bugzilla task exists:

Bug 380906: [Outline] The outline is broken on Eclipse 4.2
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=380906

I guess the problem is similar for the ModelExplorer view, although I'm not sure. As for the properties view, it is only a side effect of the ModelExplorer not being initialized (As the properties view depends on the current selection).

The Papyrus plug-ins for these two views are:

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.outline
org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer

And the (maybe) interesting classes:

org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.outline.DiagramOutline

org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer.ModelExplorerPageBookView
org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer.ModelExplorerPage

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How to activate Model Explorer, Outline, Properties views automatically [message #930137 is a reply to message #924983] Tue, 02 October 2012 03:45 Go to previous message
Thank you~ I try to fix it. Very Happy
Previous Topic:Cannot Move Class Diagram
Next Topic:PAPYRUS! how to operate checking OCL constraints on stereotypes!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:46:50 GMT 2024