Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Problem Running Programs(Unable to run some programs that previously worked fine)
Problem Running Programs [message #924448] Wed, 26 September 2012 21:28 Go to next message
Ante Pimentel is currently offline Ante PimentelFriend
So my eclipse has stopped running simple programs that just print out a line of text. It gives me this error message :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Ante Pimentel\GCMDLN.DLL: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Now all of these programs were working fine yesterday and even last week, I have changed nothing in eclipse or java since then. These programs simply stopped running. I can run some programs that print out text and take in integers but other very similar ones do not run.

I have tried re-installing java and eclipse. I tried the programs of a different computer so I know that work. I'm just very confused and any help is much appreciated.

Thank you
Re: Problem Running Programs [message #924639 is a reply to message #924448] Thu, 27 September 2012 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Are you trying to use a 32-bit .dll in a 64-bit JRE and Eclipse?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Problem Running Programs [message #924649 is a reply to message #924639] Thu, 27 September 2012 02:37 Go to previous message
Ante Pimentel is currently offline Ante PimentelFriend
I have both 32 and 64 bit java installed with a 64 bit JRE and of course eclipse. This all worked fine before until this morning when old programs suddenly gave me errors when I compile them. I'm still very new at this so I'm sorry if I am leaving out info or not explaining properly.

Thank you
Previous Topic:Package Explorer "Link With Editor" mode behavior
Next Topic:Plugins' settings do not appear in Preferences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:41:41 GMT 2024