Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » No icon in Ubuntu Launcher for Eclipse(Missing Launcher Icon in Ubuntu)
No icon in Ubuntu Launcher for Eclipse [message #924380] Wed, 26 September 2012 20:02 Go to next message
David Patterson is currently offline David PattersonFriend
I'm running Eclipse on Ubuntu. (I've had the same result with both Juno and Indigo.)

The code is running fine from a directory in my home directory. The Eclipse icon shows up for a desktop icon, but the launcher (vertical column of icons on the left side of the screen) shows a generic blank entry, not the Eclipse icon.

I also had a version running from the usr/bin directory, and its icon did show up correctly.

Is there a way to point to the correct icon so it shows up in the launcher?

Thanks

Dave P
Re: No icon in Ubuntu Launcher for Eclipse [message #1003497 is a reply to message #924380] Mon, 21 January 2013 11:20 Go to previous message
Flavelle Ballem is currently offline Flavelle BallemFriend
Don't know if you have figured it out yet.

If you have not, then you may want to try installing eclipse using the instructions here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/fballem/Software%2012.04#Eclipse

Before you start this, you should install users and groups application (use Software Center) so that you can easily manage groups. These instructions have worked reliably for me for several versions of ubuntu, including 12.04.
Previous Topic:Webdav and Ftp
Next Topic:Using external jar file from eclipse plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:38:17 GMT 2024