Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to capture a alert message in event.(Hoe to capture a alert message in event.)
How to capture a alert message in event. [message #923985] Wed, 26 September 2012 11:28 Go to next message
sasikumar srinivasan is currently offline sasikumar srinivasanFriend
Hi,

1. i am testing a screen in web application, i am trying to validate a text field, with negative test cases. Attached a image file, i want to handle such type of errors in event handler. I want to capture this error as screenshot and proceed further.

2. I want to capture a alert message in a event.

Is it possible to capture the above mentioned things in Jubula. If possible request you to suggest the solution.

Regards
S.Sasi Kumar.
  • Attachment: screen.jpg
    (Size: 37.65KB, Downloaded 178 times)
Re: How to capture a alert message in event. [message #931378 is a reply to message #923985] Wed, 03 October 2012 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys, is there any solution which i can use.. waiting for reply...
Re: How to capture a alert message in event. [message #938933 is a reply to message #923985] Wed, 10 October 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Sasikumar,

Quote:
1. i am testing a screen in web application, i am trying to validate a text field, with negative test cases. Attached a image file, i want to handle such type of errors in event handler. I want to capture this error as screenshot and proceed further.

The event handler must be triggered by a Check, Component Not Found or Action Error.
In this event handler you can use ub_app_takeScreenshot to get the screenshot.
However if you have no possibility to get an error you can take the screenshot anyway as simple test case reference

Quote:
2. I want to capture a alert message in a event.

Is it possible for you to get the component of the error message via object mapping?
Then you can do a check with ub_grc_checkExistence (false) and catch the check error using check text for the message of the component.

Regards,
Felix
Re: How to capture a alert message in event. [message #949572 is a reply to message #938933] Fri, 19 October 2012 05:01 Go to previous message
Thanks Felix... able to capture the alert message via object mapping.
Previous Topic:Regular Expressions to matches string 123 - 125
Next Topic:How to make common test case for 2 similar screens
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:07:29 GMT 2024