Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Suppress duplicates in crosstab report(Suppress duplicates in crosstab report)
Suppress duplicates in crosstab report [message #923661] Wed, 26 September 2012 04:54 Go to next message
Jeff Roberts is currently offline Jeff RobertsFriend
I've created a report that uses a crosstab containing two dimensions and two measures. When running the report, I've found that duplicate values of the first dimension are suppressed when they are encountered with different values for the second dimension.

e.g. Suppose we have the following data represented in the data cube from which the crosstab is built:

D1, D2, M1, M2
Fred, Red, 10, 20
Fred, Blue, 30, 40
Alf, Black, 50, 60
Alf, White, 70, 80

When reported, this comes out as:

D1, D2, M1, M2
Fred, Red, 10, 20
<blank>, Blue, 30, 40
Alf, Black, 50, 60
<blank>, White, 70, 80

Given that the report user wants to export data to Excel and potentially filter/manipulate the data, they would prefer that the D1 value suppression doesn't happen.

From my examination of the crosstab properties, there doesn't seem to be a "Suppress Duplicates" property, as appears for a column on a normal table. As such, is there any way of overriding this auto value suppression behaviour in a crosstab?
Re: Suppress duplicates in crosstab report [message #923672 is a reply to message #923661] Wed, 26 September 2012 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Note that there is actually a third dimension defined in the column area of the crosstab (hence the reason for using a crosstab) but I've found that the duplicate suppression behaviour occurs with D1/D2 in the column area regardless of whether D3 is defined.
Re: Suppress duplicates in crosstab report [message #924397 is a reply to message #923672] Wed, 26 September 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

You could always move the data items for the dimension into the right most cell. Add a grid as shown in the attached example.

Jason
Re: Suppress duplicates in crosstab report [message #925691 is a reply to message #924397] Fri, 28 September 2012 00:19 Go to previous message
Thanks for your reply Jason

All working now

Cheers,
Jeff
Previous Topic:Get access of data set from 'beforeDrawDataPoint' event in script window
Next Topic:Birt script editor will not load
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:23:11 GMT 2024