Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » <tx:annotation-driven /> not recognized(migration Standard WAR -> Shared Libraries WAR problem)
<tx:annotation-driven /> not recognized [message #921604] Mon, 24 September 2012 09:09 Go to next message
Erik Vande Velde is currently offline Erik Vande VeldeFriend
I'm currently converting a working tomcat war to a shared libraries war, as described in the programmer guide. Therefore I put every springframework dependency in the pom file to 'provided', and include it in the MANIFEST.MF instead. This stopped working when I put the org.springframework.transaction maven artifact to provided, and included it in the manifest. All of a sudden the Virgo server doesn't want to parse the application-context any more, complaining about the line <tx:annotation-driven />. What might be the problem here?

Virgo version = 3.5.0
Re: <tx:annotation-driven /> not recognized [message #926097 is a reply to message #921604] Fri, 28 September 2012 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Did you define the tx namespace?
Re: <tx:annotation-driven /> not recognized [message #940252 is a reply to message #926097] Thu, 11 October 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik Vande Velde is currently offline Erik Vande VeldeFriend
Yes I did, as evidenced by the attached application-context file. When I include org.springframework.transaction, version 3.0.5, in my generated war everything is fine (the application runs correctly). When I put it as 'provided', and rely on the virgo spring bundles, I get the 'not recognized message'.
Re: <tx:annotation-driven /> not recognized [message #940329 is a reply to message #940252] Thu, 11 October 2012 14:38 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Well it looks like the namespace handler resolution logic has failed to find the namespace handler for tx. Please could you raise a bug and provide a trivial project that demonstrates the failure?
Previous Topic:How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view
Next Topic:Virgo JVM not started using -server parameter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:30:15 GMT 2024