Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Collapsing and expanding the section increases the size of child widgets(Collapsing and expanding the section increases the size of child widgets)
Collapsing and expanding the section increases the size of child widgets [message #921527] Mon, 24 September 2012 07:34 Go to next message
Parag AgarkarFriend
Hi,

I am trying to render a screen wherein controls are created dynamically based on the input XML provided by user. Screen contains an expandable Section which uses a 4 column grid layout. The section contains 2 Table Combo, 1 multi line text & 1 single line text controls. Grid layout is set to align as SWT.FILL & grabs the excess space in both directions.

Initially the section gets rendered correctly. Now I type some more text in the text area so that there are 3 rows of text in the control. Now the section is collapsed and expanded again. Doing this the text area resizes and grabs more space to display all the text on single line.

Is there any way to avoid it. I tried turning off the flags for grabbing excess space and also tried different alignments.

- Parag
Re: Collapsing and expanding the section increases the size of child widgets [message #929830 is a reply to message #921527] Mon, 01 October 2012 20:20 Go to previous message
Grant Gayed is currently offline Grant GayedFriend
On 9/24/2012 3:34 AM, Parag Agarkar wrote:
> Is there any way to avoid it.

There probably is, but you need to post your code in some form that's
easily runnable. The ideal template is shown in
http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#whatisasnippet .

Grant
Previous Topic:How to initialize "Form" API Widget
Next Topic:Call a .NET dll in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:39:33 GMT 2024