Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » a rank newcomer like me needs help and support(android development on the eclipse)
a rank newcomer like me needs help and support [message #920527] Sun, 23 September 2012 06:01 Go to next message
shashwat panda is currently offline shashwat pandaFriend

hello,
i wanted to develop apps for android and in this regard,i downloaded eclipse juno 'ide for java developers' <windows 64 bit>.alongwith this,i downloaded the latest version of java from oracle.com <jre 7 > and andoid sdk <i dont exactly remember the version number,but it was the latest one as far as i remember>..

now,i am pretty sure you must have noticed by now that i am a rank newcomer in the world of app development but have some idea about teh eclipse anbd its UI,since i have used it <on a shared computer> in the past.

my doubts/queries are :

1>have i downloaded the ideal IDE for android dev ?

2> have i missed on on some other software which might be necessary?

3,and the most important one> my eclipse doesn't start.when i launch the .exe file,it gives me an error log.index.php/fa/11600/0/

and then the details as well index.php/fa/11601/0/.

please help me out on this ,as to how i can smoothen out the process and get started with app development right-away..and hey,as i m a newbie,it might take me time to understand the jargon.so if it could be explained in as lucid a manner as possible,i would be v grateful..

thanks a ton!!!!

shashwat.
  • Attachment: Capture1.PNG
    (Size: 24.94KB, Downloaded 421 times)
  • Attachment: Capture2.PNG
    (Size: 97.72KB, Downloaded 361 times)

shash.
Re: a rank newcomer like me needs help and support [message #920528 is a reply to message #920527] Sun, 23 September 2012 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashwat panda is currently offline shashwat pandaFriend

if mi missed out on any details,please let me know.

shash.
Re: a rank newcomer like me needs help and support [message #922045 is a reply to message #920528] Mon, 24 September 2012 17:26 Go to previous message
Eliseo Ocampos is currently offline Eliseo OcamposFriend
Hi Shashwat, you should check the Android's sticky post in this forum, it will drive you in the right direction.
Previous Topic:C/C++
Next Topic:Eclipse closing itself
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:23:13 GMT 2024